Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aha moment page

ChosingPrimal is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I had a primal epiphany!

Yesterday there was cake at work...I figured that a little piece wouldn't hurt. I've been really good with my eating habits lately. So I ate it and 15 minutes later I was dizzy, blurry vision and my stomach was in knots. I couldn't believe the intense reaction I had.

The funny part came when my boss asked what was wrong. I informed him about the cake and he told me that he felt that I should just eat a bit of junk (sugar) more often so that when I do my body won't react so negatively.

My first reaction was, why would I eat junk ever if my body reacts so negatively. No more cake for me.

shepherd is offline Junior Member

It's amazing how quickly our bodies get used to the right food and react so strongly to the bad stuff. It's powerful powerful medicine.

In your face, Space Coyote!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

No joke. I ate a piece of a Danish about 10 min ago and my body is letting me know that it wasn't welcome. AT ALL. And I've only been doing this for a week and a half.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Katt is offline Senior Member

Exactly. You don't realize just how bad you felt before, until you actually spend time feeling better. I had someone comment on my FB about this last night.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Indeed.

My body is weird this way -- seems inconsistent.

At last check (a month ago), I could eat a couple slices of pizza with no ill effect.

But yesterday, a small granny smith apple w/ almond butter made me feel bloaty and "off" for about 5 hours. The fructose, maybe?

A few bites of cheesecake at a nice restaurant last Friday didn't hurt. But the last time I had a cup of ice cream from a local dairy? Oof. Not cool.

Whatever. I'm certainly more sensitive to carbs than I used to be! Not complaining.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Timothy is offline Senior Member

It's apt that "junk" is a synonym for heroine, because that's approximately how I view sugary treats now. When I watch people's behavior around sweets through the cold eyes of ketosis, I sometimes feel like I'm living in a society of drug addicts.

"Just do a little junk, man. It'll make you feel better. And you don't want to let so-and-so down on her birthday, now do you?"

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

ChosingPrimal. What cake was that? One of those "Healthy" BLUE Cakes with vegetal Cream (to be less fat otherwise you go on statines type of Cake?

Usually a cake comes in the office when is someone's bday. From the office budget for food, it's always the cheapest piece of crap the local grocery provides.

I wouldn't eat that... not even paid per bite. I would not eat even my wife's Tiramisu which is the best in the world and years ago I used to beg her to do it.

Athena is offline Senior Member

lol @ Timothy, i was thinking the same way. I feel like im trying to 'kick' a habit off of sugar. Last weekend when I dove in face first into a cold stone cake batter ice cream with snickers in a 'sugar cone' i seriously felt like I was on the verge of puking for hours, then got really shakey then just crashed super hard and had a sugar hangover headache. It was awful! Nothing is worth feeling that way. If I want something sweet, ill opt for some berries and cream thank you very much!

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

Tim, lol, love the "cold eyes of Ketosis" thing. lol

Ketosis is kind of finicky thou. I had 51g of carbs yesterday and this morning Ketosis decided I wasn't worthy enough to be in it's sate.

I guess I need to go back at 35 g

Katt is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The cake is a lie.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast