Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, from BC Canada page

Dhartanya is offline Junior Member

Hi, from BC Canada

Shop Now
    Hi, I'm Meghan, and I live in beautiful British Columbia.
    I'm 27 years old, and suffer from a host of health issues.

~SLE
    ~Dermatomyositis
    ~Fibromyagia
    ~Chronic Fatigue/Pain Syndrome
    ~Restless Leg Syndrome
    ~Raynauds
    ~IBD

It's been a rough 8 years. And now am on the road to being healthy, thanks to Primal.

I've been off and on again Primal for a while now. And have discovered just how much what I eat affects me.

I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant. I had severe hypermesis gravidarum. Spent a few days in the hospital and basically started eating anything I could stomach. Which mean Ive made friends with rice, French fries, pop corn and ginger ale.

I'm slowly weaning myself back on track, and can't wait to feel better.

I live on a horse farm, and own 4 expensive lawn ornaments aka Horses.
    I also have a crazy cat (k... Who doesn't?!) and 4 dogs.

I getting 2 dozen chicks in a couple week. Hens will be my egg layers and the Roos, well they'll become dinner.

My fiancÚ is a hunter, so we get lots of game meat. And I'm hoping to find a good local place to get grass fed beef and pork.

I love learning about the primal lifestyle and and I do feel this is the right way for me to live.
    I hope that by eating and living this way, not only will I make myself healthy, but will also "cook" a healthy little baby, who we've nicknamed Meve.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! BC, is VERY beautiful. I lived there for 3.5 yrs and can't wait to move back to Vancouver!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Welcome! BC, is VERY beautiful. I lived there for 3.5 yrs and can't wait to move back to Vancouver!!
    I'm right near the ocean... Can almost see it from my bedroom window.
    A lovely place to live!

Will10 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome, I'm sure following a primal/ancestral diet will make a big difference for you, I never cease to be amazed at how effective it can be at addressing a wide variety of health issues.

Any luck finding a good source of grass-fed butter where you are? I live in Vancouver and the access to Primal-friendly food is excellent, other than good butter, frustrating.

seaohh is offline Junior Member
    In the last two years I have come down with several health issues myself. Eating primal has actually helped me withsome of my issues and symptoms. I don't believe I will be healed but I do believe my issues will only get better and plus, it is a good thing for my family to see me eating like this-no they haven't picked up the paleo/primal thing yet. Good luck and don't worry about falling off the wagon. I do all they time so I try to keep the 80/20 rule as much as possible.
    Last edited by seaohh; 05-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I'm in BC too. No view of the ocean from here. Just mountains and rivers

There's a place in Maple Ridge called Karen's Koop that sells free run chickens, lamb, pork, grassfed beef. I drive by it occasionally but never get a chance to drop in. I wish they had a website! Anyway I'm going to get there soon and I'll keep you posted. Thankfully I'm married to a hunter (lots of elk on hand right now. Have you had bear? YUM!) and I have a local source for grassfed beef. Now I just need to find a source for chicken and pork and I'll be happy. check out Sumas Mountain Farms - Organic Grass-Fed Beef, Chicken, Eggs and Pastured Pork They say their beef, pork and chicken is soy-free and organic.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Meghan, how are things going?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Hi, I'm in BC too. No view of the ocean from here. Just mountains and rivers

There's a place in Maple Ridge called Karen's Koop that sells free run chickens, lamb, pork, grassfed beef. I drive by it occasionally but never get a chance to drop in. I wish they had a website! Anyway I'm going to get there soon and I'll keep you posted. Thankfully I'm married to a hunter (lots of elk on hand right now. Have you had bear? YUM!) and I have a local source for grassfed beef. Now I just need to find a source for chicken and pork and I'll be happy. check out Sumas Mountain Farms - Organic Grass-Fed Beef, Chicken, Eggs and Pastured Pork They say their beef, pork and chicken is soy-free and organic.
    Thanks for those farm names!

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Meghan, how are things going?
    I'm still off the wagon lol dang morning sickness.

greytgrokette! is offline Junior Member
    Morning sickness is a right royal pain in the stomach that should be eliminated from pregnancies if you ask me. Congrat's on the pregnancy though, and here's hoping the next trimester will go much smoother. Another BC'er welcoming you to the board. I've been off and on Primal for the past 5 months (mostly on) and am trying to stay 100% Primal all the time now. Been a crazy 5 months, which has made it difficult to stay the course till now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast