Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BayouPrimal's Primal Experiment Journal page

BayouPrimal is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I normally don't post on online forums, but the last month here on MDA has convinced me that this must be the friendliest, most supportive, best spelling bunch on the internet. So I thought I'd pitch in on my experiences with being Primal.

Background: I'm 27, married with one 5 month old son, and work a desk job as a mechanical engineer.

I found my way here from Boing Boing who had a link to Free the Animal's article on not using shampoo. His site referenced MDA. I read a while, bought Mark's book, and decided to experiment with going Primal.

About 2 years ago my wife was diagnosed with hereditary high cholesterol. To keep her off meds, we switched to a whole food diet and got off of red meat. When we made that change I dropped some weight from college. I was never very overweight, probably 5'10" and 180 at the time. Not overweight, but soft.

I've been eating 90% primal for about a month now and have dropped from ~175 lbs to 163 this morning. Most of the weight seems to be from my love handle area which is where I tend to keep my extra weight. The afternoon crash is almost non-existant now. I sleep better and have more energy in the morning. After a few days I lost my cravings for sweets, bread, and pasta (I do make an exception for a piece of my wife's homemade artisan bread).

My next step is to get back in to lifting heavy things to build my muscle back up. I haven't done much strength training since college.

All in all, I've been pretty pleased with my experiment so far.

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

shepherd is offline Junior Member

Sounds like a solid plan. Welcome!

In your face, Space Coyote!

Breakfast: smoothie made of full fat organic yogurt, berries, and whey protein powder

Lunch: BAS with cucumbers, cheddar cheese, and smoked salmon

Supper: two baked fish filets and a piece of veggie pizza (with homemade from scratch crust)

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Three eggs scrambled with onions and mushrooms that were sauteed with bacon grease

Lunch: Two chicken thighs

Supper: Drove an hour to have sushi with a friend. Had the sashimi sampler and a big roll (tuna, salmon, avocado, hot sauce, wasabi mayo) with a little rice. Fantastic.

www.fatandflour.com

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

My dad is a mechanical engineer :]

Welcome BayouPrimal!

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

jmarnold30 is offline Junior Member

welcome BayouPrimal from another Louisianaian! What part of Louisiana? If anywhere near Lafayette, Osaka has a roll called Dr. Keaty. It is crabmeat with jalopeno wrapped with baked salmon with a spicy mayo and roe on top, so good! Looking forward to following your primal journey

Thanks for the replies. I'm in the Lake Charles area.

Breakfast today: 4 eggs scrambled with onions, topped with raw milk organic cheddar

Lunch: Pork loin with homemade vinegar coleslaw

Supper: Venison chili

Activity today: Spent most of the day working on the house we're building. We got the floors prepped for coating (finished concrete floors) and should be ready for sheetrock in a week or so.

www.fatandflour.com

Blorton is offline Senior Member

Hi BP! Glad you are here. Fellow Engineer here - I do networks.

Cheers!

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

We were out of eggs and leftovers today, so I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning. Full fat yogurt, berries, the last of the peanut butter, and whey protein.

Lunch was leftover pork loin and vegetable curry.

Supper was pulled pork and primal cole slaw. The cole slaw was made with cabbage (of course) and a mix of vinegar, yogurt, honey mustard dressing, and seasonings.

No big activity today, but I did buy the supplies today to build a slosh tube for future workouts.

www.fatandflour.com

TenYearStorm Guest

I am so jealous of your slosh tube! Let us know what it is like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast