Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restless legs page

bizeone is offline Junior Member

Restless legs

Primal Fuel
    I have seen mention of restless legs (RLS) here and there and that there is a solution but I don't see it specifically. I so want to get off medication but right now taking the medication is the only way I get any sleep at night. Anything primally I need to do specifically for this? I am also hypothyroid. Thanks for any help.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    RLS is a completely made up 'disease' or whatever they're calling it. sorry. stop taking the medication! if you can't sit still - do more physical activity.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    In my experience, anytime my legs feel achey and restless at night, it's a mineral deficiency. Try adding more calcium, potassium, and magnesium to your diet, either with a high-quality supplement or with foods rich in those minerals.

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    RLS is a completely made up 'disease' or whatever they're calling it. sorry. stop taking the medication! if you can't sit still - do more physical activity.
    This is simply not true Jakey, if you had RLS you would know how distressing and painful it can be.

Bizeone, my neurologist says that caffeine and painkillers make RLS worse so if you can avoid these things really try. If i have to take painkillers for a migraine then my legs are horrendous at night and it starts creeping up my arms as well.

Edit - i've been on medication for RLS but the side effects are pretty horrendous so i now cope without.
    Last edited by hulahoop; 05-16-2012 at 11:16 AM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    I love the "if I don't have it, it doesn't exist" attitude. Sorry, but I have it on occasion and my grandparents did too. It sucks.

Bizone, what has helped me is:
    1) taking magnesium before bedtime, but not too much or it can have a laxative effect
    2) taking off your shoes the minute you get home and going barefoot as much as possible I would assume it has something to do with circulation, but I don't really know.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    I see a "good" chiropractor regularly and he also states this is "made up". Subluxations of the spine could be causing the RLS. Falls, accidents, and incorrect posture from sitting will cause subluxations of the spine/cervical spine.

maggie12 is offline Junior Member
    Inflammation seems to be a key factor when it comes to Restless Legs
    Syndrome.

You can view the results of many scientific studies as well as some
    helpful solutions here:
    An Absolute Cure for Restless Legs Syndrome

A blog for RLS sufferers can be found here:
    The Restless Legs Blog (or how I tried to convince Big Pharma that my legs are better)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Try a topical magnesium brine (magnesium oil). Spray on your legs about an hour before bed. It helps a friend of mine with his RLS.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Dhartanya is offline Junior Member
    I suffer from RLS, and since I found out im pregnant ive had to stop taking the one med that helped.

Sugars, grains and preservatives agravate mine.

Amberfish is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This is the second time in a week I've seen folks say RLS is a made up disease.

It's unfair to tell someone to just do more physical activity. I've gone on eight hour hikes and still had RLS at night! It's a horrible thing to suffer from. Imagine feeling dead tired, your upper body heavy with sleep, yet your legs want to thrash and twitch.

I don't take anything for mine, aside from vitamins. I only get them a couple times a month, and sugar intake does seem to aggravate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast