Thread: Going Primal and Data-nerdy in Ottawa page

terrerouge is offline Junior Member

Going Primal and Data-nerdy in Ottawa

Shop Now
    Hey All!

So I've been a long-time lurker but I've decided to finally take the plunge, no going back, and start posting in here. I have a few questions.

I kicked this off two mondays ago, at the end of April. I began by doing VLC and 20/4 IF. I've slowly phased in about 6km of walking a day (to and from work) and bodyweight exercises (pushups, leg raises, squats, and bridges for now. Have a pull-up bar that I'll be setting up soon, and also starting to collect the pieces to begin Stronglifts, but that will be closer to the end of the summer).

I've cut out all alcohol, grains, sugars (not even doing fruit at the moment), switched to nest-laid free run eggs and pasture-raised beef, and been consuming kale, arugula, and spinach. Cooking in either home-rendered beef tallow or coconut oil (the meat and eggs in the tallow, the greens in the coconut).

My starting weight was 253.

I'm measuring weight, body fat percentage using the 4pt method (chest/thigh/tricep/suprailliac) and checking body circumference (chest, waist, hips, thighs, biceps) as often as possible.

I'll post the rest of the stats I have so far soon, but suffice it to say that things started off really well, and from day 1 (now day 17) I've lost around 22 lbs. I did dip as low as around 225, but now I'm back up to 229 and seem to be floating around that level with a pound or two of variance for the past 6 days.

I KNOW I'm in ketosis (tested using urinalysis) but I'm concerned I've slowed down becoming keto- and fat-adapted by introducing IF too early in the process... I guess we'll see! I'll post info as it continues and start asking questions in other categories.

Thanks!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Hey, someone else from Ottawa. Imagine that! Congrats on your success so far! I'm on Day 21 now. I've been IF'ing since the first week. No specific time, I just IF until I'm hungry. So in 20 days I've lost just over 11 lbs and 10 inches. I'm loving Primal!

Hopefully you'll see some more movement soon.

Cheers

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Facebook Group: Primal Blueprint Ontario

https://www.facebook.com/groups/161012717363428/