Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Primal Journal (Dulcimina) page 6

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry. i had to break those up because the post was getting too long.

So, I've been trying to address many of the things that came up through testing: probiotics and oil of oregano and microbial maintenance for the SIBO; Vit D; FCLO. I also went back on the autoimmune protocol from Practical Paleo, and the ND has been really helpful now that I'm adding foods back in. I normally mean well, but end up adding everything in all at once, and so never figure out which foods I'm sensitive to. I have been keeping my (paper) food diary as well as the chart from the ND, and couldn't make myself post the same things here as well.

To add foods back, I'm having a single food three times a day, every three days. So far, I've tested eggs, nuts, butter and sweeteners. It's not perfect. I got a skin (psoriasis) reaction to eggs. Then three days later, I tested brazil nuts and sunbutter. I still had the skin issues, so it was hard to tell if the nuts also caused a skin issue or if it was just left over from the eggs. I'm trying to rush through reintroduction, so that my food choices aren't too limited when I go on vacation at the end of the month. I really should have tested yolks and whites separately.

Yesterday, I tested sweeteners. Didn't actually mean to, but I was trying to prepare a treat to share for July 4th. I had cherries and blueberries for red and blue. I was going to do marshmallows for the white, using a paleo-friendly recipe that I found (ingredients: gelatin, stevia, vanilla). OMG, it failed so spectacularly it wasn't funny. I ended up with a thin layer of jelly topped with a little bit of foam. I ended up making a second version with a little sugar, a lot of erythritol and yes, corn syrup.

They came out beautifully. I ate them. I ended up with the strangest bout of gastroparesis yet. I was puking up white foam, LOL. Not so funny is when I woke up at 1am, choking on foam. No worries, I'm still alive . Then I woke up every two hours thereafter to pee until I got up at 7:30. But see, I told you - I suck at adding foods back. What was I reacting to - the corn syrup, the table sugar, or the erythritol? I've not been particularly low carb in the AIP - Breakfast this morning was beef stew and PaleoMom's plantain, butternut and apple casserole. It's not the gelatin. Probably the other two ingredients. I'm not going to retest them. Erythritol was leftover from my low carb days. I used it up on the marshmallows and won't replace. I had bought the corn syrup a year ago for a specific recipe, didn't make that recipe when I decided to focus on eating clean, and won't replace it. either.
    Last edited by Dulcimina; 07-05-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: remove redundancy

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Final post of the morning! I reported on Wed that I was testing out IF by skipping a meal here and there. Yesterday I had soup, i.e., doctored up bone broth for breakfast: 1 chicken thigh boiled in beef bone broth, with swiss chard and zucchini noodles, herbs and turmeric. I swiped a few cherries and one square 85% dark chocolate at around 3pm, because I was freezing, then had beef stew and roasted parsnips for dinner, with the marshmallows as a treat.

I was sure that I would have negated all my weight loss progress after yesterday's fiasco with the marshmallows, even if it was just from bloating. Wrong! 63.3kg! I'm under 140 lbs again. Must. Not. Screw. Up!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456