Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Dulcimina) page 3

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dessert:
    Gluten free bundt "you make my heart pound" cake. A vanilla bundt cake stuffed with heart-shaped pieces of strawberry cake and a chocolate ganache. Fancy pants, right? Except my gluten-free version didn't quite turn out the way recipe on the website (pint size baker) did.

Fruit tray: kumquats, coconut strips and banana chips (Trader Joes); blood orange segments, strawberres and kiwis. Super-cute little bananas

Chocolate peppermint crinkles: Bob's Red Mill brownie mix . This was super sweet, and one of the least popular items on the table, after the dried kimchi.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to add. We made "s'mores" over the gas stove. Toasted the marshmallows, rolled in leftover ganache then in grain free graham cracker crumbs. Yes, I made graham crackers for the sole purpose of making s'mores while minimizing grains. I don't remember the source of the recipe, but it was a recipe that used chestnut flour and almond flour.

Overall, everyone had a good time. The kids and I annoyed (probably) the neighbors dancing Gangam style and then trying to salsa dance. I didn't hit anyone over the head with a primal agenda. My niece said the rice crackers smelled like burned cheerios and refused to eat them. I don't blame her. No one chose the chocolate cookies. Which means that the only grains eaten were the cake and quiche (both have rice flour) and my mom's rice and peas, no one ate any grains. I'd have to include sugar and whatever else is in the marshmallows in the 20%, though.

I ended up eating two of the chocolate peppermint cookies this morning. I so do not need the temptation or to risk getting back on the binging mindset that I had for so long. I couldn't bring myself to throw them out, so I brought the rest to work. They were a hit.

Today's Menu
    Breakfast (as soon as I'm hungry)
    leftover smoked salmon, nori, guacamole and cucumber slices

Lunch
    coconut, shrimp and plantain soup

Dinner
    Not sure, probably leftover meatballs with spaghetti squash and sauteed asparagus

Still rocking the leftovers.

Today's breakfast: quiche, and a green smoothie I made from the leftover virgin sangria fruit, some frozen spinach and a little bit of kefir to thin it out. There was a lot of cirtrus in the sangria, so my smoothie is tart, and maybe a little chewier than a smoothie has any right to be.

Lunch will be smoked salmon, cucumber and toasted nori.

Dinner will be braised short ribs and broccoli slaw salad.

Yesterday was fun. We got a snow day but it really wasn't that bad. So I went out for a long walk into the snow/rain. Haven't done that in a while.

I forgot to add. My weight is up, probably from all these stupid leftovers. 141lbs, waist 29.

Today will be a lifting day since the gym (at work) was closed yesterday. Focus will be on deadlifts.

I hope this day ends better than it started. My neighbor got really loud last night, that I got dressed at 12:30 and rang their doorbell to ask them to keep it down. Of course they didn't answer the door, but at least they either shut the F up or moved the party to a room that didn't adjoin where I was trying to sleep.

Now I'm fuzzy headed, stressed out from work deadlines, my stomach is not quite right, and I seemed to have gained yet another pound overnight.

I'm not going to worry about my stomach today. I stuck with the program for breakfast (yesterday's program, because I wasn't hungry at breakfast yesterday). Nothing at breakfast should irritate things further.

I'm not going to worry about the weight today. Worrying won't accomplish anything. Most of the party leftovers are gone. My meals are usually simple. In the past few months, I'd actually gotten to the point where I didn't automatically look around for something sweet after dinner. Trying to finish off those leftovers set me back a bit, and I'm actually looking forward to the simpler meals.

Work stress? It never goes away. But as soon as I'm finished with this post, I'm diving right into it.

Menu for today
    Breakfast
    Finally ate the leftover smoked salmon, seaweed, guacamole and cucumber slices that's appeared on the menu for the last few days

Lunch
    Stuffed potatoes. I also brought some sauteed asparagus and homemade sauerkraut and kombucha.

Dinner:
    Probably meatballs and spaghetti squash. We'll see what I have in the freezer

Menu for this week: Leftovers of leftovers. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Salads:
    1) Mix leftover blood oranges and a cucumber with a thinly sliced fennel bulb. I have a half of lemon to drizzle over the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of dressing
    2) Broccoli slaw

Breakfasts:
    1) I love porridge. So I'm going to combine two primal porridge recipes. I roasted a kabocha pumpkin. When it cools a little, I'll scoop out the flesh and add it to the riced cauliflower that I'll cooking down in just a sec with leftover cream and coconut milk. I'll beat in some eggs with the heat off so they don't scramble, then I'll throw in the finishers: a handful of raisins, a couple tablespoons of maple syrup and a little tahini paste to thicken her up.
    2)Green smoothie. I have some kefir, leftover spinach, frozen kale and an apple. I must be able to work something out with that

Main courses (lunch and dinner)
    1) Baby bok choy sauteed with some salted cod, onion and garlic. I love this stuff with dumplings and I do have that cassava root leftover from a couple of weeks ago. If I'm feeling ambitious, I might try my hand at those again.
    2)Baked tilapia with olives and asian pear slaw. I meant to make this a couple of weeks ago and never got around to it. I figured out the reason is that I don't really care for tilapia. But since I don't hate it, I'm going to have to eat it if I want to get it out of my freezer.
    3)Meatballs and spaghetti squash-still have enough for 2-3 meals
    4)Short ribs - still have enough for 3 meals
    5) Cottage pie muffins (with liver): I have a bag full of these in the freezer. I'll use these to fill in any gaps since I can just pop them in the microwave.

Well off to finish up my porridge. It's a gorgeous, sunny, winter morning. And if I finish up quickly, I can go outside to play!

Just got back from the dentist. This is the second time time one of his hygienists mentioned my "geographic tongue". The first one said that it correlates with psoriasis. The second said it's a normal abnormality. I just hope this doesn't send me down the road of photographing my tongue daily (or ever!) to watch the patterns change on my tongue. Must stay strong...

According to wikipedia, there is also a connection to celiac disease. I never got a diagnosis, but I have a definite intolerance that worsens gastroparesis symptoms. I just think it's really awesome how many diseases your dentist can help you figure out.

I'm on track with meals. I missed breakfast because of the appointment. So for lunch, I had the short ribs I mentioned and the last slice of cassava pudding. I'm going to take the broccoli slaw to work as a snack.

Today is another workout day with a focus on squats.

Hell is other people.
    That is all.

I'm pretty happy today. No noise from the next door neighbors so I slept 7.5 hrs. The sun is shining. i had a good breakfast of bok choy, salted cod and the last of my cassava dumplings.

My weight before breakfast was 139. I used the handheld machine at the gym to calculate my body fat percentage. It said I was 28.9% for normal mode or 27.4% in athlete mode setting. Last night, right after working out, it said I was 24.5% in athlete mode. I know those things aren't always accurate, but August of last year, it said I was 30.8 (don't remember what setting I used).

I weighed 150 back then, so I started doing some calculations to figure out if I've been losing fat or lean mass. But which number do I use for current bf? I'm not going to stress as long as it's going in the right direction.

I have a good lunch planned - meatballs and spaghetti squash. It should fill me up, but in case I get hungry later, I brought the other container of broccoli slaw. I also have some emergency seasnax, sauerkraut in the fridge, and dried kimchi.

I'll take a walk to the CVS at lunch (3 miles (?) roundtrip) to get some sun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast