Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me promote better health at workplace page 2

PrimalJ Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The two most damaging thoughts in the CW paradigm;

1. "Everything in moderation"

2. "Whatever works for you"

The only thing in moderation they're getting is life. That kind of thinking is void of any substance or rigour.

J

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

It took me me 7 months to have my boyfriend finally give pb a try. I understood right away that preaching and negging was definitely not a good strategy so I just stopped completely. He would eat what I prepare which is always primal, but then eat whatever at work or when he's out with his friends. After a while though he started noticing how junk food would make him feel sick and bloated. He's now trying to eat full-time primal He's not doing very well just yet, but it's a huge step from the beginning of our journey when he was convinced I'm going to get a heart attack eating this way.

PrimalJ Guest

Unfortunately, this goes beyond diet. Years of social conditioning and the need to "fit" within the paradigm has resulted in our dependance on this social comfort - which often impedes the ability to think critically and challenge ourselves.

One of my co-workers is 100% unable to change anything about his routine. I can see fear in his eyes when challenged. Going to the gym, working one muscle group a day, eating whole wheat - they all make him feel comfortable in the notion that he's being healthy. In a way, he even admits to this when he says "I just wouldn't enjoy it otherwise" - a way out of having to think about anything I suppose. He's just an example that typifies CW.

But then again, we all have our comforts...

J

mhoward is offline Member

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about persuading other people. Lead by example.

My friends and coworkers - even my wife - are generally shocked that I consider a breve latte (a latte made with half and half instead of milk) to be 'a bit thin' and that I do things like put butter on my steak. They chock it up to my age (26) and 'metabolism'. They may start to wonder what's up though, when I pass 30 and am still eating like this.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

It seems that the "How do I convince (fill in the blank)" question pops up weekly.

My question back is, "By what right do you think you need to tell (fill in the blank) how to eat?" You would be annoyed if your (fill in the blank)'s were trying to get you to believe in their religion, right?

Let them be. Live your life, not theirs.

Catalina is offline Member

I definitely agree with mhoward & OTB--lead by example and let it go.

If you'd really like to support your coworkers in their noble cause, you could add some primal snacks to the goody stash and help them raise money while giving folks some healthy alternatives.

Rachel19 is offline Junior Member

It's really hard to change how other people eat. I don't even try.

However, maybe you could encourage some additional fundraisers that involve being active and helping others, like a car wash. Or a drawing to win a copy of the Primal Blueprint, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12