Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garlic causing sore throat? page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Garlic causing sore throat?

Primal Fuel
    Okay so frequently when I eat garlic I end up getting a sore throat and occasionally a cough. Any idea of what's going on? I would hate to give up garlic.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Never heard of that. I'd hate to give up garlic too. Vampires and werewolves and all.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Garlic can do no wrong. There must be some other explanation.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Any chance you are eating garlic that has a bit of mildew on it? If so, you could be allergic to the mildew and be reacting to that. If you get a brown, greyish, or bluish tinge on the outer leaves you could have downy mildew on the garlic.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Any chance you are eating garlic that has a bit of mildew on it? If so, you could be allergic to the mildew and be reacting to that. If you get a brown, greyish, or bluish tinge on the outer leaves you could have downy mildew on the garlic.
    I don't think so. It happens with both granulated garlic (the spice) and the fresh stuff. Plus the leftover garlic looks perfectly fine.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Any other ideas?

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I've read here & there to avoid garlic. I have not been convinced but there seems to be something in it that's triggering a reaction with you... whether it's some sort of allergic reaction to the garlic itself or some sort of herxheimer reaction it's hard to tell.

The below might be of interest, but I'd be interested to read what other, more experienced folk tell you...

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...04050&comments

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I've read here & there to avoid garlic. I have not been convinced but there seems to be something in it that's triggering a reaction with you... whether it's some sort of allergic reaction to the garlic itself or some sort of herxheimer reaction it's hard to tell.

The below might be of interest, but I'd be interested to read what other, more experienced folk tell you...

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...04050&comments
    That actually seems about right for explaining my circumstances. New question: after I go take the garlic off of my ribs what should I replace it with?

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    That actually seems about right for explaining my circumstances. New question: after I go take the garlic off of my ribs what should I replace it with?
    Hmmm... ginger? And IMO Thyme goes great with meat, too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm out of both. Perhaps I'll just eat them plain. With a side of blueberries and tea to drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast