Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Abs page

Mission Possible is offline Junior Member

Looking for Abs

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing Primal for 6 months and am not complaining one bit....it has changes my life. I have lost 58lbs and feel great. I did this to get healthy and that seems to be working....bloodwork is also wonderful now.

However, I do have a small vanity issue. I would look to find my abs just once in this life.

Any idea as to what body fat % most men start to get some definition??

I get many different answers on this as well as the fact that almost all the body fat % methods seem to also come in with different results.
    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    the body fat % will likely vary depending on where your body stores fat mostly, but i would estimate that when you get into the mid to lower teens you'll start seeing those abs (flexed) poking out a little bit.

it could start at high teens low 20s... depending on your composition... where you store your fat, how muscular you are, etc...
    I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, BF% will not accurately predict when your abs are visible. If your legs and arms are scrawny, you can be at 12% with a little pot belly, or if you're a ripped hulk, 12% can mean window shutter abs that poke out an inch apiece.

Use the mirror!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yep, just be patient and stay primal. Lift heavy and do some sort of 'sprint' at least once a week. I prefer hill sprints (they'll kill you, dead) but you can do kettlebell work, burpees, tabata circuits, etc. I would strongly encourage you to try hill sprints though, work up gradually. If I could stick to a sprinting routine I'm pretty confident I'd have lost more body fat, but while I love how I feel afterwards, getting out there at first is hard for me.

I'm weak =/

Mission Possible is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone....I figured as much. Not an exact science to this. I will keep going strong. My measurements keep improving and strength and speed increasing. I also notice small changes in definition elsewhere and vascularity (if thats a word?). I guess eventually they will start coming. I estimate I'm at about 19% BF and dropping. Man, it sure gets a little hader to get those results after losing 59 lbs so easily.
    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Possible View Post
    Thanks everyone....I figured as much. Not an exact science to this. I will keep going strong. My measurements keep improving and strength and speed increasing. I also notice small changes in definition elsewhere and vascularity (if thats a word?). I guess eventually they will start coming. I estimate I'm at about 19% BF and dropping. Man, it sure gets a little hader to get those results after losing 59 lbs so easily.
    Well yeah, you have to realize that from a survival standpoint, the last thing your body wants is for you to have sweet abs. It's got more than a couple mechanisms set in place to prevent that from happening. A primal diet, however, provides enough nourishment where this becomes a little easier but you still have to put in the work for them. There's some people, let's call them "lucky fucks" for whom this seems like a non-issue and they just get to low bf% without having to do much dieting or exercising. Small percentage of the population though.

Have you taken a look at Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health yet? Or read about fasting? I wouldn't want you to go too crazy, but it's very cool information that could come in handy.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    "let's call them "lucky fucks"" LMAO

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    "let's call them "lucky fucks"" LMAO
    I agree, I'm hovering somewhere around 12% and I only get the top 2 abs with top down lighting.

Why? cause my legs are probably ~5% fat. Hanging onto that belly that I've had since I was born. Today my wife gave me the, "you're so skinny, except on your belly". And it's not cause it sticks out, it doesn't (unless I've just eaten).
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Durwin is offline Junior Member
    Some basic and easy exercises for 6 pack abs are leg lifts, the plank, and the crunch,
    For the six pack abs, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises...
    this exercise is best for the abs and for stay healthy and fit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast