Thread: Heartburn page

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hey guys,

So recently I've been getting heartburn about an hour after meals. I have no idea why, but it has been going on for the past month. This even happens after meals of just pemmican, or steak and eggs. My sole cooking fat is tallow and a majority of my meals consist of steak, eggs, cabbage, onions, garlic, and shredded coconut. I cook the garlic and onions enough where it seems it shouldn't cause any problems. Any ideas?

dfast is offline Member

Coconut gives me heartburn sometimes. Usually if I consume it in the mornings. Also, if I don't drink enough water *around* meal times I tend to get it.

lesliek is offline Member

That's a bummer. Are you drinking anything while you eat? I remember reading that water (or other liquids, I imagine) may dilute stomach acidity, causing heartburn.

Also: have you been experiencing stress lately? I sometimes get heartburn related to stress, though can't explain why that would be so.

Kent Hawley is offline Junior Member

I have way less heartburn than in the past since I began eating more Primally.

worthc is offline Junior Member

Drink a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. works like a charm.

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

I'll give it a try. I've also heard baking soda helps? I was hoping to find the root of the problem though, not just simply augment it.