Thread: I'm still here page

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I knew you were all wondering... :^)

Actually, I didn't give up and I feel good about it. I did think about it for a couple of days but once I commit to something it is hard to break that commitment. I do feel better than I did. I wouldn't say I have relentless energy but it is better than it was and I think getting better daily. I am still doing my P90X workouts and even added some Insanity on the cardio days so that says something.

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my posts and help me when I needed it. So thanks :^)

Hit me up on Facebook if you are on there

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1202195956

lesliek is offline Member

Good to hear.

I was a little discouraged when I heard people say they fully "transitioned" to PB within a couple weeks. I had troubles with my energy levels for closer to six, and now that I'm at six months, I'm just starting to feel I've hit my stride with things. Bodies adjust at different rates. Hopefully you'll be able to find a pattern that works for you!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Hooray!

I, too, took longer to transition than do many people -- perhaps because I'd been mostly vegan for 3 years. Although I was a veteran "clean" eater, I was used to getting the bulk of my calories from whole grains and legumes. It took me a good six weeks to regain my energy, and have also really hit my stride at about six months.

Anyway, glad you're still around!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

YAY!

emmcubed Guest

Bravo, stevew2023. I was a quick-shifter, but my wife has been slower to make the primal change. Via her experience, I can relate to what you're going through.

In my way pre-primal days (2000-ish), I used to do Tae-bo (I know, I know). Anyway, I remember dreading the 1 hour a day workouts and after a while, I just stopped. It wasn't fun. Now I do kettlebells exclusively (with some sprints every now and then, of course) with an RKC trainer once a week. I haven't felt bored or overwhelmed at all. The reason I bring this up is: although Mark is very pro-P90X, is it possible that it's just...too big? It's a huge commitment, which many working people just cannot make, hence making it unrealistic. My once a week kettlebell training, with workouts of 20-ish minutes or so every other day, has produced very positive results without having to invest too much time and VERY little money. I found that even crossfit wasn't right for me, but this fits just dandy.

Just a thought. Glad to see you haven't dropped off the map.

Sterling is offline Member

Very nice Steve. Let me know if I can help in any way.

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

I too got caught up in the "two or three week" transition period that most people talk about here. I was two or three months and getting very frustrated. I am not fully there yet but certainly a big improvement in the last two weeks.

Again, thanks for the support.

Steve

Griff is offline Senior Member

Glad to see you're still here and Grokking on, man.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Good for you! Keep on keeping on.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I think, repeat, think, Mark used to be big on P90X, but not so much any more.

Just my take.