Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plateaued after only a week??? page

Panthek is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

So, I 'officially' started PB last week, and have lost about 5 pounds, most of which I'm assuming is water. I lost those 5 pounds the first two days, and haven't lost anything since...despite the fact I've been lower than 125g (most days below 100g) CHO every day (with lifting every other day and running every day). I wasn't expect to lose 10 pounds a week or something crazy, but (in addition to water), I was hoping 2-3, and given the low-carbs and eating below maintenance calories (though not MUCH lower), I would have expected some/better results by now...?

Any ideas how I can speed this process up? Cut out all fruit (haven't been eating that much, but...)? Cut out all cheese, which is the only dairy I've been eating? IF for 24 hours every other day???

I know it's only been a week, but I just feel the need to see *some* results to keep the motivation high, especially since I'm a runner and the low-CHO is pretty much killing my workouts (though I'm hoping I'll adapt within a few weeks...)...

PS--I know the running every day isn't Primal, but I'm making that one of my 'compromises', and hoping the additional calorie burn will spur the weight loss! :/

Nekurahn is offline Junior Member

I'm going to keep this short since this question is asked a few times per week.

Eat more calories from good fat. Total calorie count is not important unless you're getting too much CHO or protein. And it does look like you're getting too much CHO.

Yeah, I've been trying...every day has been between 50-60% fat...is that too low???

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Talk to me in 90 days... seriously, it's been one week.

How long did it take for you to put on the weight? Probably more than one week.

primalclubber is offline Senior Member

Very little PB about your regime so what are you asking?

Other than the running, I've been following PB pretty much to the letter (unless there is something I'm unaware of?).

Sorry, I guess I was just asking if there's a way to speed up the weight loss...some modification I can make to speed things along. Based on most of the experiences I've read on these boards, it seems I should be able to lose 2-3 lbs easily if I'm under 100g carbs, but that hasn't been my experience so far...

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Long distance running on a regular basis reduces your insulin sensitivity and can make it harder to lose weight.

Athena is offline Senior Member

u lost 5lbs, plus you have to give your body time to adjust.

What is your hurry? Let your body do what it wants. Eat right (lower carbs is good for weightloss), excersize and itll do its thing.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I relate!

But 5 pounds is something too, I wish I lost that much! But I haven't experienced any life changing weight loss either!

Maybe take it lower to 50 carbs?

That can make really speed things up...

But hang in there, do it for health and the rest will surely follow!

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Prowler Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

100g of carbs is still a lot, to me. I would try going Very Low Carb for a while, but that's just me. I started with Atkins and I'm very comfortable eating that way.

I can't even conceive of what you would eat on a primal diet to get 100g of carbs in one day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast