Thread: Inline skating page

Inline skating

Primal Fuel
    Hello
    Last year i bought me some new skates for the summer. But as you get old you get less daring so i didn't use them.
    I decided to start again today.
    After an hour of skating up and down the streets my feet are swolen, and my hips and lower back is burning, but actualy it was fun. When i steped out of the skates i felt like flying.

It is a realy fun activity and i can recomend it for everyone who wants to try something new or use some old skills. Have fun.

Hunter-Gatherer is offline Junior Member
    Not that I could ever skate very well but have been digging around & looking at inline skate info, look's fun & could make for some good cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Gatherer View Post
    Not that I could ever skate very well but have been digging around & looking at inline skate info, look's fun & could make for some good cardio.
    Absolutly and it is a good alternation to running or walking.
    And it's worth learning. I like it more than riding a bike.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    I go roller blading on my lunch hour everyday that it's sunny. Today it's supposed to hit +25 C so I'm strapping them on in about 20 minutes! It's a great way to get in some extra cardio. Hit some hills with HIIT!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea more than riding a bike as well. I am searching the local listings now to see if I can find a used pair. Keeping fingers crossed that a pair I found for $30 will fit me, then I can try them out on Sunday. i have never roller-bladed, but I ice-skate sometimes in the winter. Hopefully that will help me to get into it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Dan208 is offline Senior Member
    There's not many places around here to rollerblade (a few parking lots, basketball court, etc) but I've been thinking of doing it again. I had some years ago in high school and it was really fun.

MightyMouse is offline Senior Member
    Ice skating is where its at! So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I like the idea more than riding a bike as well. I am searching the local listings now to see if I can find a used pair. Keeping fingers crossed that a pair I found for $30 will fit me, then I can try them out on Sunday. i have never roller-bladed, but I ice-skate sometimes in the winter. Hopefully that will help me to get into it.
    Hello
    Well i don't know if you will get happy with a new pair for 30$. I bought mine for 120 and they were the cheapest i could find. The good thing about them is, you can change the frame and even use them for ice skating
    But you should allways go for good equipment.

tebuddy is offline Junior Member
    Bought a pair of brand new Mongoose inline blades at a thrift store two days ago for 8 dollars. I used to inline skate as a boy all the time and figured it would be hella fun to start again. I get some slight forefoot pain for a few minutes before getting comfortable in them, but once I do its a lot of fun. Going to start using them on the same path I take walks on.