Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Bare foot" shoe info please. page

Hunter-Gatherer is offline Junior Member

"Bare foot" shoe info please.

I'm debating on a pair of the bare foot shoes, have dug thru post but have'nt found anything about which brand mite carry wide sizes, I have Fred Flintstone feet & its hard to find any shoe to fit.

Also...some I have looked at are in metric sizes, what would a size 9 1/2 or 10 be converted into metric size ??

Thanks in advance.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Try Leming
    Leming™ Footwear - Barefoot & Ultra-Minimalist Lifestyle Shoes

If not wide enough try SoftStar
    Home Page | Soft Star Shoes

Mens 9.5-10 would 42-43

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Go try on some vibrams, they are great and seem to encourage foot wideness. My feet were widish before and are wider now after 6 months of mostly exclusive vibram wear. My regular shoes continue to get more uncomfortable to the point where I don't wear them anymore.
    Last edited by Buffdv; 05-14-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I have Vibram's and I am flat footed, so I have very wide feet too. Give em a shot. I would also go try them on at a store if you could. You want to make sure that you order the size that is most comfortable. (If there is a store nearby).

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Gatherer View Post
    I'm debating on a pair of the bare foot shoes, have dug thru post but have'nt found anything about which brand mite carry wide sizes, I have Fred Flintstone feet & its hard to find any shoe to fit.
    You don't say whether you want wide toes or wide ankles. I have wide toes and narrow ankles, and have found the VivoBarefoot Neo to be the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. But then, I can't afford Vibrams.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I echo everyone else, go try some one somewhere. If you have a REI anywhere near you, that would be a great place to go.... I have pretty wide feet and the Fivefingers work great for me...

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    I live in the sticks and had no place to shop, so I measured my feet (and received shoes too large). I had to return them, but then I knew my proper size. Found out that I'm a woman and had ordered men's shoes! LOL It doesn't matter -- the sizes for men and women are the same, but the colors/styles are different.

Everything you want to know is at the website and they sell every style.
    Width of most shoes is adjusted with a velcro strap, so you should be able to find some that are a comfortable fit.

Good luck!
    Vibram FiveFingers : Barefoot Sports Shoes : Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes

Hunter-Gatherer is offline Junior Member
    Thanks to everyone for the input & links.

Toes & ankles...I guess ther on the bigger size, width is one thing but my feet are thick also, I still have one of my baby shoes that my mother had bronzed & its split down the middle so it would fit, HA !!!

Thers a outdoor store not to far from me that carries a couple brands of the toe shoes & sevral shops within a 100 mile radius, be worth the drive just "test drive" a couple different pair.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    Hey. I've never actually met anyone with feed as wide as mine (and I used to work fitting shoes so I had a fairly big sample) and they are also quite ... deep? they don't feel thick but they're big in an up-and-down dimension, so welcome to the club. Vibram LS (lace-up) models work great for me and Merrell Trail/Pace Glove lines have been mad in wide sizes too. Let us know hot it goes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went with vibrams. the pair I went with are awesome. You definately should go try them on though, because the ones that i originally wanted that i saw online were not for me trying them on in the store. Goodluck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast