I spent my whole damn weekend surrounded by NUTS! Coconuts, that is. Made manna (butter) and this Kefir.

Recipe:

2 cartons Coconut Water
1 can FF Organic Coconut Milk
Live Organic Kefir Grains OR Freeze Dried Kefir Grains OR Probiotic Powder***
Blender or mixing spoon (NOTHING METAL)
Crockpot with a LOW or KEEP WARM setting or
glass bowl with a lid (or plastic wrap) with a heating pad and a towel

First, let me HIGHLY suggest that, if you use a crock pot, buy one JUST for making Kefir. And, when you wash it, wash it by itself. When I was a vegetarian, I once used my yogurt crock pot to make a meat meal and my yogurt never quite thickened up again. Weird but just what happened!

FOR CROCKPOT:
Take all the ingredients, at room temperature, and blend them well with blender or spoon. Pour into crock pot, cover with a lid,put on keep warm setting. Check after 24 hours. If it's not quite to your taste, let it go and check it every few hours until it is to your liking. Once you have a tangy thick yogurt, strain off the *water* and use the yogurt or put it into the fridge.

FOR HEATING PAD:
Take all the ingredients, at room temperature, and blend them well with blender or spoon. Pour into glass bowl, cover with a lid, wrap heating pad around the bowl then wrap with a towel. Turn heating pad up to med high or high. Check every couple of hours to reset the heating pad. After 24 hours, if it's not quite to your taste, let it go and check it every few hours until it is to your liking. Once you have a tangy thick yogurt, strain off the *water* and use the yogurt or put it into the fridge.

***The *starter* can be 1T fresh kefir grains OR 1/2 package freeze dried kefir or 1 teaspoon probiotic powder