Thread: Vitamin D Deficiency & Sleep page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Vitamin D Deficiency & Sleep

A very interesting read, even if some of her evolutionary biology is faulty:

Vitamin D Hormone

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Low D goofs up sleep. Most of the neu*ro*log*i*cal prob*lems my patients have are not directly related to D hor*mone, they are related to the fact that D hor*mone defi*ciency causes sleep dis*or*ders; insom*nia, sleep apnea, REM related apnea, unex*plained awak*en*ings to light sleep, inap*pro*pri*ate body move*ments dur*ing sleep. All of these dis*or*ders keep us from heal*ing our bod*ies dur*ing sleep. When the sleep improves the headaches, seizures, foot burn*ing, tremor, body pain, walk*ing dif*fi*cul*ties, depres*sion, mem*ory loss, etc. all get better.
    Hmm... I've been out of D a while... and I don't go out in the sun because I'm already fair/very prone to burning and on a medication that causes additional photo-sensitivity. And, yes... my sleep is GANKED!!!
    It's somewhere between insomnia and sleep forever. Basically I stay up half the night because I CAN'T sleep (even if I only had 4-6 hours of sleep), then I sleep during the day for about 4-6 hours usually, then after a few days of that I have a really bad insomnia night followed by a 12-16 hour sleep binge. Bleh!
    Also, the times I do sleep... it's restless and it doesn't feel like it was good sleep.I wake easily and toss about. Bad sleep sucks.

I had already ordered some liquid D drops before even reading this as I was hoping that getting my D levels up would make it possible for me to be outside a little without feeling like I'm going to burn. They should be here this week... getting some good sleep out of that little bottle would be nice too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.