Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Manna that's CHEAP and oh so DELICIOUS! page

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member

Coconut Manna that's CHEAP and oh so DELICIOUS!

Primal Fuel
    Like most of us Rockin Groks, I have fallen madly in luv with Coconut Butter. I just donít like the price of it. I couldnít wrap my head around $10 for a 15 or 16 ounce jar! Especially since it was gone in less than a week!

So, web search brought up a ton of DIY coconut butter *recipes*. I say it like that because there really is NO RECIPE! Dried unsweetened coconut, food processor/blender, jar!

So, hereís what I did. I ordered Let's Do Organic Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12) from Amazon and put it on Subscribe & Save (which made the price $20.15 w/free S&H).

I poured 2 bags (16 ounces) into my BlendTec (another type of blender, like a Vitamix). Blend and scrape for about 5 minutes when it turned almost into a liquid. I then filled my old CB jar to the tippy top with the Homemade Manna.

Iíve also completed this in a food processor. It DOES take longer, but you can toss in 2 bags, turn it on then forget it for 10 minutes while you make a meal. After the 10 minutes, scrape and pulse until it looks and feels like soft peanut butter. The manna will have heated up, which is truly what you want it to do. As the coconut warms up, it breaks down a lot more quickly.

YUMMMMMM Diggity! Nothing like homemadeÖ.. And now, each 16 ounce jar of Manna Heaven costs me less than $3.40!
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm.. I'll have to look further into this, thanks.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    Oh right on! I wonder if it would be any cheaper to buy a coconut and do the whole thing yourself?
    Danni

Quote Originally Posted by dantonn9 View Post
    Oh right on! I wonder if it would be any cheaper to buy a coconut and do the whole thing yourself?
    I honestly don't think so. You'd have to cut open the coconut, get out the meat, shave it down and dehydrate it. So, you'd only have half the amount of whatever the meat weighed. And coconuts aren't cheap by any means.

And, you can't make coconut butter out of raw coconut meat as it is too wet.

EMAIL ME!

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the response! You saved me $$ on trying it out myself and failing miserably. I'll definitely have to try your recipe
    Danni

No worries. I have champagne tastes on a beer budget.... so I learn how to MAKE champagne from beer!

If there is a cheaper way of getting 16 ounces of Coconut Butter, I would LOVE to know!

EMAIL ME!

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    You can use your homemade manna to make IMO a delicious non-dairy fudge, too.

Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge (Dairy Free) | The Coconut Mama

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    You can use your homemade manna to make IMO a delicious non-dairy fudge, too.

Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge (Dairy Free) | The Coconut Mama
    Not sure if you are now my new BFF..... or I will have to hunt you down and kill you!!!
    LMAO gotta make this!

EMAIL ME!

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    I'm making a new batch now and I will think of you with each and every savor......

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    I'm making a new batch now and I will think of you with each and every savor......
    Made a half batch of this last night. No cocoa powder on hand so I food processed a bag of cocoa nibs. Which turned into cocoa paste. Or butter. whatever.

The verdict is in... I must keel Terry! My non primal, fudge lovin hubby got a piece of this and went to fudge heaven!! I fetched piece after piece after piece until there was LITERALLY one piece left! I had to hide it so our CaveBaby could have some today!

This recipe is SO out of this world! Thanks so much for sharing!

EMAIL ME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast