Thread: Hello! page

KurtGarvey is offline Junior Member

Hello!

Primal Fuel
    I started a Paleo diet the beginning of February this year and have maintained it until the present (minus a few road bumps). I found Mark's site after looking around for Vibram related information. I have had persistent knee problems the last few years after tweaking my knee snowboarding, so I decided to try Vibrams last December.

I initially switched to Paleo because I read it would help deal with sugar cravings, which I was dealing with at the time. I was a huge fan of pastries, baked goods, ice cream etc... but it was very hard to get off of it. Now, I never craze sweets! When I do eat some, I usually feel like I wasted my $. I also now appreciate 85% Dark Chocolate, when I HATED it before.

Paleo dieting (I hate the lose weight connotation that comes with the word "diet", it just means what you eat!) just makes common sense to me. I do not understand all of the science or evolutionary theory. But I do understand sugar=bad, vegetables=good. So could be wrong with replacing carbs with nutrient rich foods? Cooking is better than eating out economically, nutritionally and emotionally! Other lose-weight diets require tracking calories, disciplining yourself, hiding foods, regulating specific times you eat, but Paleo's structure is simple: Eat until you are full. The best side effect of Paleo that I did not realize was that it makes you cook all the time, and I love it!

Anyways, you can probably tell I'm excited to keep up. See you all around.

-Kurt

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Kurt. Remember that meat also = good
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

KurtGarvey is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah, I definitely enjoy buying some grass-fed beef/buffalo from the local Co-op or farmer's market, or some free range chicken.

daffodil1003 is offline Junior Member
    Hello !
    I am a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !