Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any homosexual/bisexual primals here? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Any homosexual/bisexual primals here?

Primal Fuel
    Are there any homosexual primals/paleos here? I'm a female bisexual, married to a man. Just wondering if there are any of us on here?

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    Yup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Yup!!!
    *hugs* Of course, dear, but we can't be the onliest ones?

The reason I ask is because, well, I just asked a question about the Paleo community's acceptance of gays on PaleoHacks, and my question was deleted.
    The question was about how to convince my vegan gay friends, who are interested in Paleo, that the community was accepting of gays. They've read a lot of paleo/primal forum thread about health and evolution, as it pertains to breeding/natural selection. As you can imagine, this didn't go over too well. I am trying to show them that this way of eating/way of life does not subscribe heavily to heterosexuality, but am struggling to come up with examples or a strong backing for homosexuals/bisexuals.
    Maybe someone can help me out?

canio6 Guest
    Not gay or bi, but the paleo community as a whole seems pretty accepting of people no matter what. As long as you are not a total asshat (a trait which knows no one sexuality) then people are treated pretty much the same in my observation. Gay Panda is accepted because he is cool as hell, not because he is gay, straight, bi or just really fuzzy with a cute expression while he eats bamboo. I'm honestly of the opinion that sexuality doesn't matter. Sure, we need to breed to continue as a species but plenty of heterosexual people here are not planning to breed (myself included) so they are the same as homosexuals in that regard. Also, unless someone makes their sexuality an issue how would anyone even know?

Sooooo...long story short, there are closed-minded folk everywhere but here at least there seems to be less of them Hell, it is far less acceptable here to be vegan than gay

Thanks, canio6!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I'm not gay - but I am a big supporter of gay rights.

When I think about homosexuality and evolution I see it in a bit of a different way. People always argue that homosexuality should quickly be selected against because of reduced offspring numbers. However, since it has NOT been selected out of any populations studied so far, I would argue that there must be an important role for homosexuality in tribal/pack groups.

However, I feel even if there is no evolutionary or biological explanation for homosexuality it just doesn't matter. I can't imagine anything that worries me less than how any two consenting adults pursue love.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm a hetero, but I'll accept you even if you decide to go down the slippery slope and marry a bowl of fruit salad.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    gay woman here......i hate the word lesbian.....it sounds like I should be a vegan with a rescue golden retriever and I need to pay dues or something....

I am no help at all tho......I don't preach on the primal thing cuz I don't want to hear about the vegan thing.......

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bi woman with a male partner here. I find most people in the paleo community are pretty accepting, although there are some people who will say it's not primal because it's non-reproductive (but those are usually people who are trying to find a justification for their prejudices anyhow and would be just as biased as vegans as they are as paleos).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast