Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal (magda) page 3

magda is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still going strong. I had one slip, a pretty minor one if I can say so - I added some oats to my greek yogurt and berries on Sunday (I think). Not much. It didn't kill me and didn't even make me feel physically bad, but I felt guilty and felt that I did something that didn't make sense for my body.

Since then it's been OK regarding food, more or less. Some things I'm noticing

- I'm stronger, I can lift more during bodypump and I've been nicknamed a cyborg, which I take as a huge compliment One time when I realized how much my strength increased was when I was choosing a kettlebell at the gym a few days ago. They were all lined up together, so I picked one up and thought "hmm, this one is quite heavy, probably 7-8kg, I'd better pick a smaller one". Then I looked at the bottom of the KB where the weight is written and almost dropped it on my foot in surprise, because it was 16 kg!!!

- I can go on much more time without food. I always wake up hungry (or get hungry within the 5 minutes I need to brush my teeth ) but after my breakfast before 7 AM I have coffee (with a drop of cream) and then lunch about 12.30, more because it's time to eat than because I'm ravenously hungry. Which brings me to the next point...

- I often eat because I "should" eat and think something along the lines. It's 12.30 PM, I'm not really very hungry yet, but if I don't eat now, I won't want to eat my pre-workout snack and if I workout with empty stomach, I'll die... " so I eat lunch. I need to work on this. I also just had a dessert (totally paleo, 1/2 banana with some cocoa powder and a tsp of almond butter + some frozen cherries) because I'm used to having something sweet after dinner. It was good (almond butter + cocoa is always great), but now I realize I didn't really need it (in the sense that I didn't really crave it that much, I guess you never really NEED a dessert)

Overall though, it's going really well - I have consistent energy throughout the day (unlike most of my colleagues, including myself until a few months ago - we have a saying in our office that until lunch you fight hunger and after lunch you fight sleep, which was very true for me too )

Today's highlight - I did a body weight WOD in 32 degrees C (~90F). Just after riding a bike from my office in similar temp. I was literally soaked, but quite proud of myself (for my motivation, not so proud of my obliques, but we're getting there, me and my obliques ). And now I showered, ate scrambled eggs with veggies and the not needed banana and I'm off to do some cleaning. Talk about high energy levels

magda is offline Member
    WOW!!! I don't want sweets! I never expected this to happen, not in a million years! No matter how much or what I ate I always had a special place in my stomach for dessert. I usually eat something sweet(ish) for breakfast - a pancake, no oats oatmeal, cottage cheese with fruit, that kind of thing. But then after lunch or dinner I always want a little something sweet for dessert. Well, not today. I was making a birthday cake for my dad (grain free chocolate cheesecake). When baking or making something sweet, I had always licked all the bowls, spoons etc. clean and even some sugar binges happened. Not today. I melted chocolate (I used to be able to eat 2 kg of chocolate in one sitting!!!) made some nut-based crust (I used to be CRAZY about nuts!) and... I really had to force myself to try the mixture just to know if it turned out edible Didn't eat any of the leftover cream cheese mixture or crust, didn't even touch the bowl covered in melted chocolate (well, I did actually touch it - to toss in in the dishwasher). I'm downright shocked. I'm sure my sweet tooth will come back sometime. I wouldn't even want to dislike all things sweet But I'm really happy that at least sometimes I can be near sweets and not want to polish the whole cake by myself
    Last edited by magda; 07-14-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123