Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page

What's---The name of my journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't do the spacebook or myface stuff, so bear with me I may get this wrong...I started eating primal in early December 2011 after visiting my friend and his family. He was reading TPB, so after coming home I ordered it and probably finished it before he did. It just made sense to me. Anyways, I had gotten a bit mushy around the middle at 204lbs. I lost 8lbs the first week, I haven't really tried to lose weight, it just happened. I'm at 170lbs now, that's probably about what I'm programmed to weigh. I'll try to post some pictures soon, that way you can visualize me sounding like/being an idiot. I do that a lot.

Anyway, I'll try to keep it interesting on here so in other words, I don't feel obligated to tell you what I ate for B/L/D/S. I actually don't feel obligated to tell you much of anything really. I think that's the beauty of my own journal. I'll still drop by your journal too, so don't be a stranger. So follow me, follow meers.

P.S. If you make acronyms other than lol, I have to google it, so refrain if possible.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hi!

Sweet, now I can stalk your journal, too. More parties is better.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Bristol Palin draws fire for gay marriage comments | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Just as I used to wonder if there was a disconnect between people's brain and mouth when they said stupid stuff, I wonder if Ms. Palin has a gap between brain and thumbs? Shouldn't people stop after typing a tweet and think about what they're tweeting? There should be a delay like on some live events so that if a celebrities boob pops out they can censor it, they should have that same thing on a twitter account. We'll call it an idiot delay. Or dumba** delay. Or a Bristol delay.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    For someone who doesn't do spacebook and facetime or whatever I'm surprised you can make sense of Twitter. I went to Twitter a couple times and couldn't make sense out of anything there so I never went back.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

canio6 Guest
    I find it amusing that she is referred to as "The former Dancing with the Stars contestant, author and unwed mother..." because unwed mother is used as a description of every woman who fits the circumstance, right?

Anyway, that said, nice to see you have a journal I can polute.

As for twitter, yeah, if you can limit your thoughts to 140 characters, I have bad news for you...

Well, most of what I know I learned from the news, TV and the like. I did have a twitter account where I followed a few of my favorite golfers, but I never tweeted. Plus, it got kind of boring with them posting pictures of the beautiful courses they played at on work days and off days. "Here's the yada yada in Hawaii" or "Here's Pebble Beach" I don't use it anymore, it was depressing.

What do y'all want to do in life to leave a legacy? Like set a world record, run a marathon, just something that not everyone has done but you want to do...me first, my journal.

I want to do good. As in, good like Habitat for Humanity kind of good. Of course, on a smaller scale will be fine. Or start a scholarship program for parents returning to college. Or be that person who drops a huge check off in the Salvation Army's red kettle during Christmas. I want to be a do gooding do gooder, an anonymous do gooding do gooder.

Your turn...

canio6 Guest
    Nothing?

Chances are it wont be remembered anyway. Outside of a few folks (Einstein, Edison etc) most of the world does their thing and disappears. I guess, I want my legacy to be the small good deeds - the held door, the smile, etc - the little things that make someone's life better (or at least does not make it worse). Life is often a death of 1000 cuts, if I can apply a bandaid or two then I will die happy even if no one gives a f*ck.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Life is often a death of 1000 cuts, if I can apply a bandaid or two then I will die happy even if no one gives a f*ck.
    That is awesome.

I want to heal. People, animals, mostly land (it doesn't talk back, much). Continuation of my Girl Scout training as a young 'un. Leave a place better than you found it. Oh- and hopefully help others learn how to do the same thing.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

This is the worst PB journal ever! WTF is wrong with you! You're breaking all the conventions! Why are you doing this to us!

The enduring legacy? The Great American Novel, so intellectually and spiritually invigorating that we can all forget what a shithole the world is, at least temporarily. I also work with our church's food bank, and am interested in sustainable ag and good nutrition, sure would be cool to combine all three somehow. See a lot of city kids (but likely a universal phenomenon) going to school sipping some Huggie full of artificial purple swill, with a bag of chips in hand.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast