Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 67

Primal Fuel
    But I thought on the all-potato diet that you had to supplement with meat, vegetables, and dark chocolate. Did I miss something?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    But I thought on the all-potato diet that you had to supplement with meat, vegetables, and dark chocolate. Did I miss something?
    yes, the awesometonium. And here I thought you had a balanced diet.

BTW, the venison roast was slap-yo-momma good. I don't mean to toot my own horn but toot toot honk honk y'all. I'm on a quest to kill another deer so as to provide my family with more and more roasts of this caliber.
    Also, do you know how hard it is to find aluminum phosphate for hide tanning? I may have to order it online I guess. When I ask at places the person looks at me like I just asked for fertilizer, gasoline, and "maybe like a fuse of some sort". (That was a joke Mr. or Ms. FBI person who just read that) They also ask what people us it for, to which I say I don't know what normal people use it for but I'm going to use it for tanning. They then look at my gingery pasty self with a look of complete confusion. I'll try the local co-op today, I think that's where some will be.

canio6 Guest
    "What do I use it for? Well, definitely not making bombs, ha ha. Speaking of which, where can I get 100 pounds of ball-bearings?"

For 1-1-2013, the crossfit.com workout of the day demo and extended workout footage features my best good friend since childhood. He's the person that sent me on the primal path. He's the large instructor barking the words of encouragement.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Cool!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    So I decided to check out MopeWOD thanks to your suggestion on the blogs thread. Much lol'ing ensued. Thanks.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Here's a rundown of recent events in bullet form:

*We've decided to start our new house as soon as the builder can but since it's rained for a week straight here, it's going to be a while.
    *We also have decided on a basement house. I like the idea because of the lower utility bills and in 5-7 years (or better financial times) we will add the top floor. The basement can then be for my sister, who will have to live with us one day anyway.
    *I want a light colored metal roof for the house so it will keep cooler. I'm also pondering on ways to catch rainwater and on hot summer days pump that rain water to a sprinkler/soaker hose for the roof. That would keep the whole house cooler as well.
    *I've gained about 20lbs back from my lowest point. I blame this solely on muscle, since I've been doing a Starting Strength workout and drinking 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of whole milk a day. My pants still fit in the waist, but are super tight in the thighs. If I continue this trend, I have full intentions of entering a powerlifting competition early next year. I think this is my mid-life crisis.
    *Tanning deer hides turned out to be a whole lot harder than I thought. The hardest part is getting every bit of meaty grossness off of the hide. I've got on soaking in solution that needs a little more work to be done.
    *Running low on venison and haven't killed another deer! I better get my act together! On Christmas Eve eve I missed the biggest buck I've ever seen (well, that I've ever seen while hunting). It haunts my dreams.
    *Other than these mundane things, life has been pretty uneventful.
    *That is all.
    *The President says I can have 2
    *More bullets, anything more than 10 is dangerous.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Had to google "basement house". I assume that means you have living space underground, which helps keep the house cool in Summer...and does that help keep heat in during the Winter too? Sounds cool, as long as there are windows somewhere .

Damn, I wish I could drink milk like that. Stupid gut.

Tanning deer hides immediately makes me imagine how terrible that must smell. I watched Mike Rowe try it on Dirty Jobs and just seeing it made me feel a bit ill.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah the people at the mortgage company had no idea what a basement house was either. Dude asked if it was going to have a roof or be covered with dirt. I delivered furniture one time to a house that was covered with dirt. From the road it looked like a grassy mound but the back side had a small patio, door and a couple windows. They wouldn't let us go any further than the front door.
    There will be roughly 2 feet of wall above ground on the side and both ends, the back of the house will be almost completely out of the ground. We'll have small windows just above the ground in a couple rooms and of course the door and bay windows on the exposed side. With poured concrete walls I hope that it will be a pretty constant temperature. The basement in our house now is underground on the front and one end of the house and open on one end and half the back. It's cool in the summer and warm in the winter, compared to the top floor anyway.

Drinking the milk is just an easy way to have excess caloric intake to promote muscle growth.

Actually, I soaked it the hides for a couple days before trying to flesh them and that took almost all of the smell away.

Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast