Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 64

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^ I'm going to have to find a plastic St Joe to put in our yard....

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Re selling your house... you could always bury a little plastic statue of St. Joseph in the yard, say a quick prayer, and let him guide the buyer to your door.

Hubby and I did that with our first starter home. Place really needed tons of work, which we couldn't afford to do back then, so the MIL came over with this little piece of superstition and - it worked. Funniest thing - a pastor bought our place!
    I've never ever heard that before, of course I don't know much about those kooky Catholics either. But, if I can find a St. Joseph, then that bad boy is getting buried today, fo real.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Here's what I've got going on, forgive me if I ramble and complain...I have no where else to vent this crap.
    The wife's boss said she was quitting, this makes the 4th time she's put in her notice in the past 2 years, and now like before, she's backed out. My wife is tired of the roller coaster and, if her boss actually stays, my wife is not going back next week. Just flat out, I can't take it anymore, I'm not going back. After 8+ years, just walking away. My big thought is that I really wanted her to apply for the boss' job after said boss leaves and now that won't work. This is 1 of her 2 part time jobs, so it won't be a huge percentage of our income, but we really need all we've got right now. I just want her to be happy, so I'm behind her either way.
    A couple hours later I call my mom to chit chat and I learn that there was drama at my rental house this week. It seems the renter's son, the renter is an elderly lady who pays on time and is very pleasant to me but her 2 grown men sons are less than stellar citizens, the renter's son got drunk and started beating his girlfriend up. Well...she stabbed him...a few times...he had to be airlifted to a hospital...I don't blame her either, I can only blame her lack of commitment. I mean, if you're going to stab a fool a few times then don't quit halfway through, ya know? Now I have to go down there and tell this little old lady that her grown ass man son has gotten her kicked out of her home. There's some more income that will be lost. The only ray of sunshine that I can see would be she moves out (she's paid up until Nov. 4th) we spend some money repainting the walls and cleaning up etc. and sell the property all together. Or better yet, we sell our house and move into said house until we get our new house built. It would be a cramped living arrangement, 2 bedrooms for 5 people, but wouldn't that motivate a person to build a house ASAP? I'm just venting this stuff out, I'm not really super worried about any of it, as I believe this may be a test of my faith.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Glad to hear you're not stressed about it. I sure as hell would be!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    I can only blame her lack of commitment
    truer words, yo
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

The wife quit her job. She's had a bunch of emails and calls from some of the board members about how displeased they are with the executive board's decision. That made her feel better about it. She's also had some opportunities come up regarding the gym she works at, so all will be OK.
    I had the dreaded, "Your contract is up and I'm not going to renew it" conversation with our renter. She was super sad about it, and I am as well (I'm a terrible landlord), but the next issue is making sure she actually moves out. I'm going to ask my sheriff's deputy friend to come with me on the day I change the locks because I've got this bad feeling she's going to play the "I didn't have time to move out/I don't have anyone to help me move out" type card on me. I've decided to use the money I've made this summer cutting grass to buy the things needed to fix the place back up: paint, carpet cleaner, screen door, new locks, etc. I also splurged on myself this week too, I bought a deer rifle just like what I've been wanting.
    Opening day of bow season came and went without seeing a deer.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Have you decided whether you're selling the place or re-renting?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Selling it is topping the list right now. However, my wife sent a text to her younger brother about it when we learned that we were going to have to tell her to leave. He said to let him know when he could come look at it because he's interested in moving back closer to the family. I would rent it to him because I trust him and his wife; but I wish he would just buy it. Problem solved for everyone! Plus, the money we could put back into our savings from selling it would sit nicely with the equity from our house (if we can ever sell it) and would go a long way as a down payment for building our house.

I went hunting again Saturday morning. I took the long way around to avoid spooking the deer in the same spot as last time, but lo and behold, they were right there where I entered the field. There was one no more than 30 yards from me that kept on and on blowing at me and stomping its feet. If you don't know, deer make a blowing noise and stomps when they're unsure about what something is. I think it's a tactic to either scare you or at least make you move so that they can maybe tell what you are. It was dark (except the beautiful stars) and I didn't want to scare them away, so I grok-squatted for maybe 10 minutes and looked up at the stars. I saw the big dipper (big or little? I dunno, I've always called it the big dipper), a shooting star, some pretty discoloration (which I'm pretty sure was the Milky Way, but since I don't know that for a fact I'll just say it was pretty), and a big star at sort of an east northeast setting. It makes me wonder if that was a planet or not, it was maybe 10x brighter than the other stars. I looked for a satellite but couldn't find one. When we move up there a telescope is going to be one of the first things we buy.
    It also made me wonder how many people didn't see that. Granted it was Saturday, but there were still a lot of people getting up and ready for work. They were wondering what the day would be like and totally missed it. Some people were driving and couldn't look up. In bigger cities, those people that were awake and outside couldn't see that for the light pollution...and even if they had the chance, you can't send a text, walk, and look up at the same time. That left me to see it; squatting in a field, camouflaged from head to toe, holding a bow and arrow (albeit a little more complex than those of early hunters), looking up at the stars while a bewildered deer snorted and stomped...finally, tried of wondering, it ran away. That left me; taking up 2 square feet in a 300 acre field, in a 718 sq. mile county, a 50,750 sq. mile state, 3.7 million sq. mile country, on a speck of a planet 26,000 miles around, looking at light from a star that might not even exist anymore. We are all insignificant. All the energy we have ever created on this planet, nuclear, steam, electric, etc. all of it combined is dwarfed every second by the energy of our sun, and it's not even that big compared to other stars. We are all insignificant.

Dude, that's deep as hell. I feel like we just shared a spliff.

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast