Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 63

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmm... maybe juts give that one up and get a new stand.

The next hunter that comes along and says "Cool, free tree stand for me!" might get a surprise though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hmm... maybe juts give that one up and get a new stand.

The next hunter that comes along and says "Cool, free tree stand for me!" might get a surprise though.
    Nah. Bleach and pine sol are your friend in that case.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's been a good week overall. I spent all day Saturday volunteering for a United Way 5k and obstacle course. The 5k was a Zombie Dash where runners, if they chose to, could wear a flag football belt during their run and try to dodge the 80 or so volunteers dressed as zombies. It was very apocalyptic looking, a crowd of people running through downtown and then 6 or 8 zombies come out of an alley and the whole crowd scatters! The zombie with the most flags won a prize and the first runner to finish with a flag still on won something as well. That was in the AM, then the obstacle course was at a local haunted corn maze in the PM, there were zombies there too, but they were positioned to point the runners at turns to keep them on course. It had 2x4 walls, hurdles, etc. and about 1.5 miles overall, I guess. I wanted to do both, I had actually paid to do both, but with the chest congestion I've had for a week now, I figured it was best to not get hot and sweaty on such a cool day.
    zombie.jpg
    We're having an open house Sunday to maybe lure in some prospective buyers to our house. I really believe if someone would take a freaking look inside, they'd buy it. It's just plain looking on the outside, I swear! But an open house does require a ton of house cleaning...and with a morning football away game and then an afternoon Alabama game, it's just gonna suck.
    I'm almost wet my pants excited about bow season starting next Monday. I've already requested off Monday and Tuesday. I've really focused on my one spot, maybe too much, because I've neglected my other hunting location. I'll have to go today or tomorrow and at least scope them out. Those are places where I use my climbing stand, but I just need to see where they're traveling. I'm confident enough with my bow that anything within 30 yds should be a done deal. I've ordered a hide tanning book and asked some of my kinfolks to save their hides. I hope to at least give it a good try on tanning some hair-on and also making some buckskins. It's my understanding that when you take a deer to the processor, they skin it and give the hide back to you, but I don't know for sure, the deer I've killed before I processed myself. A processor though, can cut me some roasts and make deer burger.
    If the tanning works out well, I think I'll ask some of the hunting clubs around if I can coyote hunt their land after deer season is over, they should be more than willing, and maybe sell some of these hides. I think there's money to be made selling coyote hides and tanning deer skins for folks, my cousin paid something like $75 to have one tanned and in actuality, I don't think the actual work-time is that long on them...2 hours maybe tops. The rest of the time is soaking or drying. I'm rambling because work is just that boring, fo-real-doe.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Haha doe. Deer. I get it.

That's so awesome that you bow-hunt! Maybe it's come up before and I forgot, but I swear I didn't know. I tried shooting an arrow once at a renaissance faire (hint: I was awful at it).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Haha doe. Deer. I get it.

That's so awesome that you bow-hunt! Maybe it's come up before and I forgot, but I swear I didn't know. I tried shooting an arrow once at a renaissance faire (hint: I was awful at it).
    I just started bow hunting this year. Actually, I just restarted gun hunting last year after like a 15 year hiatus. My bow is an older compound bow that I bought from my BIL, it works fine, but I drool over the new ones. For some odd reason my wife isn't on board with me buying a new $500 bow, go figure. I also have to buy a new rifle sometime in the next couple weeks, but again, my wife is like "you've got guns already"...yeah, I know but not one like I need! I really really want to get a recurve bow, probably like one you shot the renaissance faire, they are so cool.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator

I did not get the concept of "keeping your shoulders down" at that time (2 years ago).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I tanned a goat hide once. It turned out nice, but it was a lot of work. I used a traditional method (can't even remember the details now) I got out of a "back to basics" book. The scraping of the hide is what took absolutely forever.

Ask your processor about getting the hide back. I think they commonly sell them as a side deal.

I was thinking more like this:
    bow.jpg

RaeVynn: I've read about a "traditional method" which was tanning with a solution made from either the brain of the animal being tanned or cow/pig brains. I just have something against boiling something's brain. I'm not going there. I'll stick to harmful chemicals, thank you very much.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Brains were not involved... I seem to remember this particular method used a lot of salt...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Re selling your house... you could always bury a little plastic statue of St. Joseph in the yard, say a quick prayer, and let him guide the buyer to your door.

Hubby and I did that with our first starter home. Place really needed tons of work, which we couldn't afford to do back then, so the MIL came over with this little piece of superstition and - it worked. Funniest thing - a pastor bought our place!

Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast