Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 61

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My son goes to kindergarten this year too. And you're right, with the first, it's hit or miss. Mine is ok too. We're looking into football for him. haven't heard anything about it, so I sent an email to the principal. Hopefully he'll know something.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Here's a 4 day update: 1 did awesome in the jamboree game Friday night, he's actually a pretty tough little dude on the line, now if we can just get him to attack the guy with the ball instead of staying locked up with the first person he finds on the opposite side of the ball. It's like every down is a one-on-one pushing contest while the guy with the ball runs right by...I guess football is a pretty hard team sport to understand for 5-7 yos. The wife and I ran a 5k on Saturday morning which I did absolutely nothing to prepare for, besides show up and stretch for a minute. The time sucked biguns, something like 29:30ish. But, by golly, I can run 3.2 miles at a moments notice and I don't kill myself with chronic cardio, so I'm pretty happy with that. Sunday was a typical Sunday, lots of family time. 1 started Kindergarten yesterday and really liked it. They're phasing all 20 kids in his class in by shifts, so he doesn't go back until Thursday. My weight is staying pretty constant, but I've added beer back into the diet. One or 2 a night usually, so it's not like I'm back to a full blown sot, I'm such a quitter.
    That is all.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Jealous of the beer consumption. Have a pumpkin ale for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ditto. Have a Guinness for me!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Very jealous...
    Tonight you are having 3!

I had a drink once several months ago, but alcohol and the Med I take do not get along. The combination of the medand that one seemingly innocent drink had me WASTED... sloshy, sloppy, wasted. It was kinda funny. But I have responsibly avoided all adult beverages since then.

Now, with the addition of this new med, that has me all tweaked... and what few social filters I had completely turned OFF ... I'm genuinely afraid that it would result in full on blackout/bar dancing level behavior.
    No drinks for me!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I can't have more than a sip or two of anything alcoholic.... the last time, I got ill from it.

But, I have fond memories of all sorts of libations.

[QUOTE=RaeVynn;934421
    But, I have fond memories of all sorts of libations. [/QUOTE]

Me too, it's a shame that I stumbled upon some decency in my life; I would have made a good town drunk. I've always wanted to be a whiskey or scotch drinker, but alas, I just don't have the taste for it. I'm a stone cold beer drinker fo' life yo and I don't even do that much anymore. Since I've cut way back I've not drank what I call the binge beers. Basically anything that's a light beer is made to consume mass quantities at a sitting which is evident by companies putting wide mouths on their cans, spirals in bottlenecks to pour faster, and Miller Lite's new punch top can that will revolutionize beer funneling. If I take a drink of these beers something in my head says "I bet you can't drink 6 of these in 30 minutes!" and I'm like "Oh hell no, I can do more than that, hold on, let's go get a whole case before I attempt it". Anyways, a good lager satisfies the urge without all the conversations with my head. I'm on Yeungling Black & Tan right now, I wish I could get a mini-keg of it, that would be awesome.

A breakdown of the last couple weeks:
    Had a job interview, they said they would get back with me by the next Wednesday...tomorrow will make the 3rd Wednesday since the interview, none of which were the "next Wednesday", obviously.
    I haven't ran since the last 5k but the wife and kids ran a "Color Run" yesterday. #1 actually ran/walked the whole 5k! I was super proud. #2 rode on the wife's back through most of it, it poured down rain the whole morning so the colors stuck good. I'll post pictures, they looked so cool covered in colors.
    Color Run.jpg
    I'm down another 2 lbs since the last posting, even with lunch of Five Guys and ice cream afterwards. I love Five Guys. I don't remember a time when I was at this weight. It seemed that I went from weight at graduation to weight after I was working out pretty steady, no in betweens, which is where I am now.
    #1 is going great in football and school. He loves riding the bus...he's so weird.
    I have another interview this Thursday. The company helps developing countries build sustainable food sources. It may eventually require travel to parts of Africa...I'm both excited and scared about that at the same time, I'd be cool with it as long as it wasn't for a month or more at a time. That's all for now!
    *Edit* He's not actually stoned in that picture, it just caught him in a weird face!

Update: Interview went well. My inside source said it lasted 2x longer than the other person's interview. I'm cautiously optimistic because it would be perfect. The travel to parts of Africa would be for 1-2 weeks at most, maybe once or twice a year. I can handle that like wrestling a drunk bear cub.

The wife ran another 5k Saturday night in the small town where we hope to move soon. She got 1st in her age group, I didn't run, I watched the kids. #1 placed 1st in his age group in the 1 mile fun run; 1 mile in 11 minutes flat ain't too shabby for a 5 1/2 yo, IMHO. A 7 yo on his football team won his age group with an 8 minute mile!
    1 also had at least 4 tackles in Saturday's game. #2 has turned into a full-time cheerleader, no car trip is complete without a constant repeat of the cheer: L-E-T-S-G-O! That's the way we spell let's go! Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go! She also has 2 boyfriends at preschool.
    I'm holding steady at 163 lbs. even after becoming more relaxed in my eating habits. When I start to feel bloated or fat I fast for a half day or so and refuel with good fats. It balances me back out.

Update: The company still hasn't made a decision yet. I'm stuck on edge until they call. I check my phone every 5 minutes.

We're running the Warrior Dash this Saturday. The same couple that ran the Barbarian Challenge with us is coming too, but I don't think we're going to do the "wait for your team mates" thing this time. The wife will have to stay with me or she won't be able to get through some of the obstacles. What have I done to train? Not a dang thang and still going to have a respectable time.

#1 had a freakin' awesome game last Saturday. He got through the O-line and was in the backfield almost every play, sometimes getting a tackle but disrupting the play every time. The coaches even let him run the ball! He made a small circle in the backfield and took off down the sidelines for a TD of about 60 yards or so. It's funny because he looks like he's moving so slow, the run seemed like it last 20 seconds. But there was a block-in-the-back that made it all for nothing. I don't think he realizes that, he doesn't mention it anyway.

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast