Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 52

Primal Fuel
    Countdown has begun on the camping trip: 1 and 2 are excited fo' sho'. We're going to see if it's cool enough to have a small campfire so we can roast marshmallows!
    I can't get this song out of my head:

It feels groovy, in a folksy kind of way. But of course, I think you could add a banjo accompaniment to the sounds of rhinoceros sex and I'd listen to it; but don't try because they're very private creatures.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    It feels groovy, in a folksy kind of way. But of course, I think you could add a banjo accompaniment to the sounds of rhinoceros sex and I'd listen to it; but don't try because they're very private creatures.
    Rinocerous sex sounds... not so much.
    Very private creatures... not so much.
    I honestly don't think they would mind a banjo serenade at all!
    Awkward... ummm.... yeah.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yeah, I didn't really know the sexual habits of rhinos, but thanks for enlightening me.
    The first 30 seconds of this film the dude rhino is soooo telling her that this never happens. That's as far as I can make myself go in that video.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    He eventually gets things 'home' as it were... evidently the "full mating event" took about 45 min... and was extremely boring.
    No wonder the damned things are going extinct int he wild if they have to just stand still in one place for 45 min like a couple of ill fit boulders rubbing together. It doesn't seen like the best reproductive plan. *just sayn*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

The camping trip was more fun than anticipated. The kids and I got there about 5pm or so and they helped me set the tent up and get everything unloaded. Then, since mom had our bath suits, we swam for about an hour in our underwear, which was surprisingly difficult to get them to do. I figured they would be all about it. Anyway, after the wife got there with suits, they put them on and swam some more (I don't ask questions like why, I just roll with it). My 13 yo cousin came down and swam with them for a while and his dad brought up leftover shrimp from the shrimp boil we had last weekend. Hamburgers and shrimp should be a staple on all restaurant menus now.
    This is them winding down. It's yellow because we have yellow bulbs in the lights, it helps with bugs.
    chilling.jpg
    We made smores and such too. On the west side of the creek is a high bluff (guessing 80-100ft or so?) plus the trees make it look even higher. At 10:30ish the big full moon made it's debut, which looks like this:
    Moon.jpg
    Whatever that optical illusion is called where the moon looks closer when it's low on the horizon as opposed to in a picture really takes a lot from this picture. IRL it looked super huge, so just make a mental image of it, yo.
    We'll probably go camping again soon, since 1 and 2 enjoyed it so much.
    July 4th was hanging out at my wife's family's house on the river, with gratuitous amounts of BBQ ribs to satisfy the soul.

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like some fun camping times. Nice to hear that young men are still smart enough to chase after teenaged girls rather than frogs.

The wife and I ran a 5k Friday night. Luckily, it started at 7pm so it was a little cooler and it was very flat running. I haven't ran since the Barbarian Challenge in June so I figured that the wife would run off and leave me. We walked for maybe 10-15 seconds at both water stations to drink the H2O and other than that we jogged the whole time. I finished in 28:42, which I was pretty proud of, since I basically just showed up and ran, no practice to speak of. The wife did end up pulling away from me near the end and finished about 20 seconds before me. She won 2nd in her age group; me, not so much. Only one guy in Huribachi sandals. He was super cool; he just glided past us without making a sound.
    There's bone broth in the crock pot at home, right now it's about hour 14 or so and it smells so awesome. Goal for today is to find pork belly so I can make my own bacon. That's just not something you get at a regular grocery store.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You know, it's not good when you just expect your wife to run off and leave you . . . Good job on a happy time with no prep work!

*sigh* kids these days. You swim in what you've got. Duh. Glad you're straightening them out
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I can't wait til my daughter is old enough that we can go camping without putting her on a leash.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast