Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 51

Primal Fuel
    Going camping tonight with my younger cousin. It should be loads of fun if it ever cools off. We're definitely putting out some limb lines for catfish but probably also going frog gigging if we have time. He keeps adding things he wants to do, and fo' real, there's only so much time, especially since we're sure to have some more of our family coming down to hang out. It's just going to suck big time since it's going to be so hot. I'm thinking of sleeping in my hammock instead of the tent, I'll have a fan blowing on me either way. We've got electricity down there and I wouldn't want to waste it by "roughing it".
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    "Camping" with a "fan."

One solution to heat we used frequently was to "fall in" whatever body of water was convenient. If swimming wasn't legal, then it was totally an accident.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    "Camping" with a "fan."

One solution to heat we used frequently was to "fall in" whatever body of water was convenient. If swimming wasn't legal, then it was totally an accident.
    Yeah, the campsite looks something like this:
    accom_25.jpg

But we don't make the butlers get everything for us.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Silly man... hang the first lines in daylight... then shine for frogs while checking the lines after dark.

That's right I grew up out in the sticks.
    Catfish dinner with a generous side of legs was always welcome.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Silly man... hang the first lines in daylight... then shine for frogs while checking the lines after dark.

That's right I grew up out in the sticks.
    Catfish dinner with a generous side of legs was always welcome.
    You must have stole my playbook.
    But the fish and froglegs will be for another night, I gots big steaks for us tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    You must have stole my playbook.
    But the fish and froglegs will be for another night, I gots big steaks for us tonight!
    Steak is good!
    You guys have fun... happy leg hunting!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Between the legs and the glamping I've got Monty Python in my head. The Meaning of Life? With the British officer that, oh dear, seems to have lost his leg.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

So, weekend goes like this:
    I drove wife's car to work Friday because I had my truck loaded with camping gear. I leave work early so I can get to the creek and set up only to get home and realize I don't have a key to get in. The hidden spare key was in the house, of course, where else would you keep a spare key? So I sat outside in the mild 102* weather until a locksmith let me in and took $55 for his 5 minutes of work (nice hourly job). Then I get to the creek and a family friend and his wife and 3 kids are there with their camper set up, I didn't know they were camping this weekend, but should have known because they usually do stay on holiday weekends. So instead of all this fishing and frog gigging, my 13 yo cousin swam and hopelessly followed around the 14 yo daughter of the family friend. Go figure. There were several folks down there, just hanging out. We grilled steaks, drank beerskis, then my other cousin and I played guitar for everyone for every bit of 3.5-4 hours, I stayed up until about 1am. It was so much fun. My little cousin ended up not even camping with me, his parents said that since the 14yo girl was also still up at 12:30 or so that they might not want to leave 13 yo boy down there. You know, not that kids at that age would conveniently walk off into the dark or anything and "talk". I would never have done that.
    Saturday was filled with much lounging in the cool water and eating all the junk food the women folk brought. Then that evening was 1)fried catfish, 2)boudin, 3)fried shrimp, 4)chicken and sausage gumbo, 5) 4 pots of shrimp boil. The family could have fed a small town. The population of a small town actually showed up. After dark we shot off about $3000 worth of fireworks, much to the chagrin of the "No burning" law in effect due to the lack of rain. We only started 2 small grass fires, but we had a water sprayer and fire extinguisher handy. After fireworks was another round of guitar playing, this time with 4 or 5 pickers.
    Yesterday was church, cleaning up the creek lot from festivities, then home to spend the day with just my family. We set the kiddie pool up and the slip'n'slide and just chilled. We're going camping Tuesday night with just me, wife, 1 and 2. They're super excited, though I'm sure they have no idea what it really entails (no TV! Gasp!).
    That's a full weekend, fo' sho. I gained 5lbs from Friday morning to Sunday morning, mostly bloating I assume, from the crappy food choices that were oh so good.

Sweet...
    I wanted to be regaled with stories of hard won hoppersnax...
    But, sweet.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Now that sounds like a weekend done right!

Hehe, good luck with 1 and 2 on a real camping trip

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast