Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 43

canio6 Guest
    Fair enough. It's good for kids to try a bunch of stuff and see what they like. Hopefully he learns something even if he doesn't like it.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Fair enough. It's good for kids to try a bunch of stuff and see what they like. Hopefully he learns something even if he doesn't like it.
    +1 and it's awesome that you're supporting him (I assume less unwillingly to his face ) My parents totally didn't- and still don't- get my horse thing, but they're happy I have it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We think our son will play football. He's certainly got the build for it. But he'll probably tackle his teammates (with or without the ball) simply b/c he thinks it's fun. I *heart* 5 year olds.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Eh, he'll figure it out. Besides any organized sport with 5 year olds is mob ball anyways.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

So the guy is coming next week to tear down the old house and push the trees down where we're building our house. Cheaper than I thought, but still not cheap as I want.
    The wife and her friend ran their first 5k Saturday morning in 31 unofficial minutes, should be closer to 30 with the official time.
    The real estate lady is coming tomorrow to take pictures of our house and talk to us about some yada yada yada.
    The "tile" front porch looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Except I screwed up one thing. I didn't account for the 1" wide tape so the tiles are actually 11"x11" instead of 12" square. Don't tell anyone.
    Father's day was good and today is my birthday. I got a couple pairs of shorts (because all mine hang off me) and a sunglasses holder-thingy that goes around your head. It doesn't fit the arms of my glasses. Oh well.
    My boss is off today and tomorrow, so that means I'll have even more time to work on stuff for the new house, like getting a couple quotes on material prices.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Aww man, I just realized that you suffer from a similar dilemma as me: b.day and Father's Day colliding. As a dad now, I'm sure that isn't so bad, but it always meant I had to share my b.day celebrations. BUT as a daddy's girl, it wasn't so bad Happy Father's Day and Birthday!

Also anniversary of the battle of Waterloo. My dad used to say, "You know what today is?" "Yeah!!!" "The anniversary of the battle of Waterloo!" "...but it's my birthday!" I caught on pretty quickly, but for the first few years that he did it, there was definitely a moment of panic. "He forgot my birthday!"

Also I have not commented at all on the home improvement things. I know little enough about such things, but the fact that you are planning on building a house and are so involved in the process is super rad to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

My parents did that to me once.
    "Guess what today is! It's Lincoln's birthday!"
    "But it's my birthday, too..." *cue sadface and puppy dog eyes*
    "Eh, we'll celebrate whatever it is you want to celebrate tomorrow Let's go to Vitto's (a favorite, now defunct Dallas restaurant) for Lincoln's birthday!"
    And then we get there and I'm still playing long with the joke, figuring someone's gotta go out for the presents eventually. We get home and presents and cake still haven't arrived and I'm starting to panic. Then my grandpaarents show up with cake and both their gifts and my parents' gifts to me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Happy Father's day, birth day, and getting to work on your house day! (All good days!)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Oh wow, lost track of the thread! Hippo birdies! Hippie Pappa's Day!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone. Birthday on Father's Day was a buzz kill until sprogs came along. Now it's super fun. Another plus when they're back to back is I get 2 days off from changing poopy diapers. "Oh, I used my 'Father's Day-Get out of poop free' card yesterday? BAM! Here's the 'Birthday-get out of poop free' card, biaatch!"
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast