Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 4

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I was studying for my licenses I did listen to the CD on repeat in the car to and from work. Bored me to tears, but repetition helped. I worked through the book front to back, but if you have multiple books, which I expect you do for that much information, I'd start with your weakness. That way, when you're fried, you have easier stuff to learn.

Wait- if you're studying for your CPA, that means you're going to fall off the face of the earth for six months. Or at least that's what seems to happen. Boo! (but good luck)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Well I passed both parts of the CMA by setting a date in the future and waiting until 6 weeks or so to said date, then studying every possible moment until then. But I was only working 3 days a week then too. Hmmm...Anyway, I passed the CMA but can't use the title until I get my 2 years experience in...13 more months to go! What licenses do you have?

FINRA 6,7, and 63. I took the 24, failed it, realized that it would turn me more into an editer than a writer, and chose not to take it again

I'm not a finance-oriented person, but I test well.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I'm not an overly smart person, but I test well. I can regurgitate information. After passing both halves of test, I cleaned that part of my brain out. Thanks for the advice. My first instinct was to start at my weaknesses first.

Heh- when my class was testing I was reminded how very unfair it is to base things on testability rather than actual skill. There were people that knew that stuff inside out but couldn't take a test, so they were having to take it two or three times. I didn't retain jack, but I test well so I passed the first three the first time.

You know- one of my history teachers said that the best thing that happened to him was being dumb as a stump (not saying you are, but it's part of the story). He said it made him learn how to work hard and he had to come at a lot of things from multiple angles, thereby allowing him to explain it to students in different ways. Stuff comes more easily for me- so my work ethic has a tendency to suck

OK, I'm second guessing my instinct. I emailed a couple of my former professors regarding the CPA exam, one has replied and suggested I start with the easiest exams first. That way, I work my way into the uncomfortable parts, build confidence, and if I've passed one or two, I'll be less likely to quit all together. Luckily, I didn't purchase the study guide yesterday...
    A special thanks to drssgchic, without her feedback to my question I would have had zero (0) feedback at all...geez freakin louise folks, come on!

The Best- and Worst-Paying Jobs In America - Yahoo! Finance

So, the best paying jobs are ones related to health and the worst paying jobs are related to food/food preparation. Except shampooers, who the hell are shampooers?

They're the girls that wash your wife's hair before it gets cut. I don't think they usually do that for men's cuts, but I'm not sure.

Guess it's just you and me in here . . .

Yup. Makes me feel like Prince Herbert.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast