Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 28

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You have just turned me off from putting my son in baseball...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You have just turned me off from putting my son in baseball...
    You can't deny an American kid baseball, you just can't. It's somewhere in the Bills of Rights.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    You can't deny an American kid baseball, you just can't. It's somewhere in the Bills of Rights.
    Likely so. I think my 65 lb 5 year old who's built like a brick shit house would be better suited for football. lol

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    But those stitches are such a classic little boy right of passage. Not that I think little girls should be denied that pleasure if they want it either. I always liked the idea of being "sporty", but the actual practice (you know, MOVING) was not so appealing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I always liked the idea of being "sporty", but the actual practice (you know, MOVING) was not so appealing.
    hahaha same here!

Likely so. I think my 65 lb 5 year old who's built like a brick shit house would be better suited for football. lol
    He's got catcher written all over him.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    He's got catcher written all over him.
    I can see the black eyes already.

He loves to play catch with the football. he's even 'advanced' to having his dad throw the ball while DS runs to catch it. And he's got a great arm and awesome accuracy for a 5 year old. We figure football or racing will be his thing (dad is a dirt track modified driver so racing is our life).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was the tomboy, so long as I didn't need depth perception. Things like volleyball, baseball, and such would have me running from the ball, every single time. I couldn't tell where it was, but I "knew" it was aimed for me. Soccer was my saving grace. The ball stayed on the ground or close to the ground, so I could see where it was in reference to me. I played forward mostly because they were afraid of the tiny kid (70 lb soaking wet in 8th grade) getting broken by the larger kids. When they discovered I could RUN, they kept me there.
    I was never the one to get stitches. We left that one to my middle sister. Well, that, and the broken arm, and the black eyes, and....
    I have not served this country. I highly doubt they'd want me even if I wanted to. I do, however, have a love of this country and all her symbols. I lost a painting to the fair years ago (couldn't make pick- up, they tossed it) of an American flag with symbols of all America means in front of it (broken chain links, the "coexist"slogan, a serviceman's helmet, and a half dozen other things I'm not remembering.) It outright infuriates me to see someone desecrate it in it's whole form or use it wrong (like the neighbor that flew it upside down on 4th of July. We had words.) These little pop divas that try and make it their own, I just hafta turn off. It's longer the anthem. It's their f-ed up, pop happy, "look at me" song. One of the best renditions I've heard in the history of ever was in high school, right as the second tower fell. We were in the cafeteria, watching it. When it started to fall, one student started singing the anthem. Another picked it up, then another, then my whole school was singing it. Did we butcher it? Oh, hell yes. But the emotion was there.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

If it makes you feel any better, Naiad, you probably wouldn't have been eligible for military service because of your eyesight. Vision, of course, is a big thing in the military - being able to judge distance was up there in importance.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If it makes you feel any better, Naiad, you probably wouldn't have been eligible for military service because of your eyesight. Vision, of course, is a big thing in the military - being able to judge distance was up there in importance.
    Back when I was looking at colleges, I looked into the Air Force academy, mostly for it's meteorlogy/ climatology program. I looked at the physical requirements and such and realized it wouldn't happen with my eyes. I have some depth perception with contacts, but most of it is still gone. I can fake it quite well if I have something to judge by, but empty spaces are my worst enemy.
    My depth perception and tracking problems come down to my eyes being so different. My right eye (dominant, which is rare for someone so left dominant as I am) is -1.25 with astigmatism that comes and goes. MY left eye, with therapy, is -4.75 and is ever so slightly lazy. It's been that way since 3rd grade, in varying prescriptions. Because my left eye is so crappy, my right eye took over much of the seeing, which f-ed over my depth perception. My tracking is funny to watch. You'll see the right eye follow the pen, and the left eye will skip and jerk it's way over to the pen.
    Like I said, I can fake it, but I need something to compare against like ground or walls. My Air Force PawPaw was the one that did the finishing blow on any chance I thought I still had in the Air Force: he told me I'd hafta cut my hair off, to shoulder length or above.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast