Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 26

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't understand why we have to change the Anthem. As a veteran, the Anthem is pretty special to me.
    I'm voting on "too much violence" in the original since there's no mention of a supreme being in the anthem already. All those bombs and rockets just aren't nice. How can we get the world to love us if we're like, mean and like, fighting back and stuff.

Does your boy *want* to play ball?
    Yeah, he has fun at practice and even at home practicing when I'm not trying to make him do everything correctly. I think it's immaturity, I know, he's 5, but the 6 and 7 yo's understand the concept of what is going on. 1 is just out there having fun. We signed him up for football too. He asked if he could play. I had a long talk with him and how people are going to hit him and knock him down, he was still all-in. What can I do?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Nobody's changing the damn anthem, this story is just spunkdoodle. But I do prefer America the Beautiful to Star Spangled Banner as a representation of our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Nobody's changing the damn anthem, this story is just spunkdoodle. But I do prefer America the Beautiful to Star Spangled Banner as a representation of our country.
    Using the word spunkdoodle is directly related to low horny goat weed levels. Just sayin'.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I like America the Beautiful too. I remember a few years ago there was talk of changing the Anthem. But, like I said, as a veteran, I'm pretty partial to the Star Spangled Banner. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it - unless the vocalist butchers it, which happens WAY too often.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I like America the Beautiful too. I remember a few years ago there was talk of changing the Anthem. But, like I said, as a veteran, I'm pretty partial to the Star Spangled Banner. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it - unless the vocalist butchers it, which happens WAY too often.
    There should be a fine for doing it right. It's a song, not a demonstration of how high you can sing or how long you can carry out a note. It should be short and sweet, to the point, or better yet, just played with a band. We're not the "hoo oo ooh ohh oo oo oohh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome of the bra hey hey HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY ave."

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    There should be a fine for doing it right. It's a song, not a demonstration of how high you can sing or how long you can carry out a note. It should be short and sweet, to the point, or better yet, just played with a band. We're not the "hoo oo ooh ohh oo oo oohh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome of the bra hey hey HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY ave."
    Agreed!! Sing it with passion like you actually give a shit, but don't turn it into a freaking joke. And make sure you know the effing words before you start! it's not "and the ramparts we watch" it's "o'er the ramparts we watch" as in OVER the ramparts...

I won't sing it b/c my voice sucks, and I commend anyone who has the courage to stand up in front of a crowd to sing it, but that song is intended to honor our troops and nation. Sing it with some respect!

Agreed!! Sing it with passion like you actually give a shit, but don't turn it into a freaking joke. And make sure you know the effing words before you start! it's not "and the ramparts we watch" it's "o'er the ramparts we watch'd" as in OVER the ramparts...
    There, fify. Except for that I say "speak it sister".

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Or better yet, sing it joyously, while drunk.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Or better yet, sing it joyously, while drunk.
    Again, I'm a veteran and take great pride in the Anthem so something like that I would find to be offensive. After giving up my life (albeit temporarily) to my country, I get offended easily when people take it for granted.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    So folks having a good time and having a bit too much to drink on the 4th of July are offensive to you? I think you missed the earlier convo where I learned that the tune for our anthem is from a British drinking song (the words are the poem by Scott Key). I have pleasant thoughts imaging my friends and I drunkenly singing the anthem in a bar together. I would also consider myself patriotic. I don't understand how that would be considered taken for granted. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, just trying to understand.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast