Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: What's---The name of my journal page 19

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Cello suites... *swoon*
    It's not just in my heart... it's other places too, in my gut, and lower. Makes me pant a bit.

I'm quite sure a competent cellist could make me do anything.
    +1

same with a competent violist. the viola has such a mesmerizing range of pitches, but composers tend to write crap music for them.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-30-2012 at 02:23 PM.

That is all for today. Tomorrow I shall talk of battles won and lost, of great festivals held in honor of the heroes of battle, legends and oral histories of dragons slain and evil rulers vanquished from all the lands. Or I might just talk about what I do tonight, whatever.
    *I probably won't talk much about the video that accompanies this great song, as it appears to be a vacation...why post that stuff?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hope this loads. If you kids want some crunchy baroque punk guitar work you need Television's Marquee Moon, stat.

Tom Verlaine sings and plays one lead, Richard Lloyd plays the other lead, they trade solos. Very much against the grain for a CBGBs band mid-70s, making it counter-intuitively even more punk. In the 90s, Lloyd played guitar for Matthew Sweet with another 70s punk legend Robert Quine (Lou Reed, Richard Hell and the Voidoids). Quine's playing just goes perpendicular to expectation always, a truly under-appreciated player. Anyway, Sweet's pop songs get a nice jolt from the Lloyd-Quine interplay, especially on Altered Beast, which is pure subversion dressed up as sugar pop.
    Last edited by Finnegans Wake; 05-30-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Ha. YouTube sucks. This is why I keep vinyl. Was going to dig up some nice obscure guitar growlery in the form of Robert Fripp's God Save the King. The one and only on YT ain't the whole deal. At around 11 minutes in, Fripp just burns the shit down. It sounds like lions fucking.

So yesterday I ran by Lowes to return a couple things and buy a couple things (damn them and their man-store!), hurried home and took the counter top off the bathroom vanity. Now this is a 6' long piece of ceramic(?) that weighed a freaking ton, not to mention it was super awkward given the length/width and the big round bowl/sink that threw the weight distribution off. I managed to get it outside without busting a hole in the hall wall or breaking any pictures on the walls. Then carried it downhill into my shop, no need to go to the gym when you can get a hernia at home, right? Then after church it was home to 2 more episodes of Band of Brothers, still with crappy color. Oh well...tonight I need to run back to lowes and get some of the plumbing supplies for the new vanity. He's supposed to come in the morning.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I would love to do a home reno... sadly the dollar signs hold me back...

Did order a new fridge though that is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm going from 21 cu ft to 28 cu ft to store all my Primal yums! I can't wait!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Awesome on the fridge update! We're listing our house soon and the real estate agent suggested we put a double sink in the upstairs bathroom. Custom cabinet and countertop is like $600 installed, I figure another $100 in faucets/plumbing supplies, maybe a little more if we have to replace the mirror as well. Since buying our house 7 1/2 years ago, we've replaced everything but the bathroom vanity (will do tomorrow) and the kitchen cabinets/countertop. Plus added a bedroom upstairs. We hope to make some good money on the sale!

Wow!! I'm envious. DH and I built our house in 2007, but after living in it a few years, we have discovered things we'd like to see changed. Mostly the layout. lol Big $$ there! Believe it or not, my kitchen is too big. It's size keeps it from being fully functional and the extra space is used to store junk and stack mail. Living room isn't big enough. Laundry room is in the hallway and not segregated/closed off so laundry is seen by all. Basement stairs need to be moved to a more central location in the house. and it needs another bedroom/toyroom. Big Dollar Signs.

Yeah, you need to start over. We've got house plans and are waiting on a quote that suits us. I often ask myself if this is the floor plan I want for the rest of my life.

My one piece of advice - large living room. Especially since you have young kids.

Ok, 2 pieces of advice - and make sure there's one extra bedroom than what you need to serve as a stash for toys.

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast