Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Less of Me...More of Him (actually it needs to be a lot less of me) page

tn_momma is offline Junior Member

Less of Me...More of Him (actually it needs to be a lot less of me)

Primal Fuel
    Less of Me and More of Him (Him being God) I have tried to get through this journey several times, some have been successful some not so much. I have used MyFoodDiary in the past, I have been on and off over the last 5 years, some times because of finances and sometimes because I just stopped using it and so paying for it wasn't worth it.
    I recently considered surgery but as my body is so sensitive to everything there was no way i was risking that and I don't have insurance so that really isn't an option.
    I considered Medifast but that is about $350 a month in food and we don't have that much money to spend since we live on a fixed income so that was out.
    So back to MFD I go, and I am going Primal again ( I tried it last year for about 4 months and loved it but then we moved and money was beyond tight so it became eating what we could afford on a budget of well nothing for a family of three but that has changed a bit) because I loved how I felt eating that way and I have ordered a totalgym which i will be paying off till forever ( I know its not exactly primal but I am not able to do a lot of walking because I am a fattie with Fibryo and balance issues and where I live is all hills but I will be walking soon too).
    I have a series of medical issues that make functioning normally nearly impossible so i am looking forward to being a normal size and a normal person.
    I have always been religious and have always has a relationship with God and now I am doing this with His assistance because I know that I can't do anything on my own as it is so why would I try to do this without Him.
    I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me so here I go on this journey.

Its going to be a LONG journey, its a lifestyle not a diet and I am at the point where it has to be or well the other option we just don't think about.

SW: 395.6
    GW: 150 (ish we will see where I land)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome!

Why not use a free tracker like paleo track or fitday? Also you do not need to buy grassfed everything if you can't afford it. Yes that is the Primal ideal, but many of us do not go that route.

You are in the right place. Do you have the Primal Blueprint? Please make sure you are following PB by the book and not the sometimes random forum advice. I would read some journals and find others who have similar issues and life situations. Make friends here. No one can go it alone. I am also a Christian and though I believe that God is there to support us, we also need other people.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

yep I have PB and just ordered the 21 day challenge for my nook which I will get later when I got up to main campus where they have wifi (my husband is finishing his freshman year and we live on campus).
    Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, we don't buy grass-fed things, that's our only departure from primal.
    As a fellow Christian, I must advise you to keep a thick skin around here. A lot of folks are pretty crude and/or down right hateful, so enter into some of these threads carefully. One that almost made me quit this site was an evolution thread, so if you get riled easily, beware.

I'll subscribe to your journal for the motivational kicks in the rear you need and/or deserve.
    Good luck!

Oh i have a think skin when it comes to things of faith, while I wish everyone shared mine I know they don't and I'm cool with that, we all have to make choices that are best for us...And that on forums like these people are more willing to voice their opinions louder than they would face to face.

Must say that so far I am thinking that I need a snack and can't figure out what to eat...so far today I had:

2 eggs, with green peppers and shredded cheddar (I am keeping dairy because I love cheese); More green peppers and baby carrots (because I was portioning them out for later this week ya know easy grab n go) and some fage that I dipped them in...and water...I don't have a lot of primal snacks in the house (aka no fruit or nuts - I gotta go back to the store)

I ate a lot of raw almonds to get through the "need a snack" mode.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I have fibro and am a fellow Christian too. Glad you are finding your way. I'm with the others and do the best I can with food options. Sometimes grass fed, but a lot of times not. As for the fibro, I'm not sure how severe your symptoms are, but do look into the elimination of nightshades. I see you listed peppers on your menu and they can be very inflammatory, so just a quick suggestion. Best of luck to you on your journey! I'm on one as well.

well made it through day 1 of fully primalness. No grains passed through these lips. Made a strawberry smoothie which I actually liked (though I still hate strawberry seeds (also no idea strawberries are primal but they were on sale and a fruit so)). This is going to mean a lot more dishes and a lot more cooking which i am not to thrilled about but thats ok.
    I made some almond butter because I hate almonds but love almond butter go figure and brought a bag of pecans which i have never eaten but i figure if i don't like them i will turn them into butter too.
    On to day two it is.

I think any type of berry is primal. Just stay away from excessive amounts of oranges, apples, etc because of their sugar content. I eat maybe a apple/orange a day, just because I don't get hardly any carbs at all. I love me some almond butter, I get the kind that's sweetened with maple syrup.

well yesterday was a semi bust. but I did about 70% primal which is pretty good. I have noticed a change in how my body is reacting to eating this way already and I gotta say i am not loving it. Holy gas pains and potty issues batman!
    Today we are going to Dollywood and so I have no idea how primal I will be there, I kinda already decided that when we go there that those will be my free/cheat days but we will see as we go forward. But I am starting the day good (Protein/nutritional shake, strawberries, almond butter and a little bit of whipped cream cheese because we have it, i am the only one that eats it and with slice of strawberry and a dab of almond butters its oh-so-yummy - its not a treat i plan to keep in the house but at least I am not eating the bagels that I got with the cream cheese LOL)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast