Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did my first PULL UP(s) loving it! page

PaythePiper is offline Junior Member

Did my first PULL UP(s) loving it!

Primal Fuel
    For weeks I'd been having a staring contest with the bar at the gym- I was looking at it imagining attempting a pull up and failing!

I'd been able to do 16 chin ups(10 and then 6 Poor form one in second set) a couple of weeks before but Hadn't dare attempt a pull up, or even get on the bar again since.

The thought of failing was a real mental barrier,

however yesterday with the gym fairly quiet i decided to just jump on it and hang on it and see if I could do anything,

anyway I decided to try and pull myself up- to my surprise and low and behold I was moving up towards the bar!

I managed to do two sets of 4!

I cant wait to get in the gym today and attempt some more,

I'm gonna try and do at least 3-4 everytime i'm in the gym until they become standard.

This is how i started with 10 press ups, and also dips when I added them to my rountine, and now I enjoy doing 80 PU and 55 Dips everyday,

The thought of doing 20+ pull ups everyday is a real goal of mine,

I have lost a lot of weight 102kg (224lbs) to 80kgs (176lbs) during my journey - but never really had specific goals until deciding that conquering pulls ups is one of my main GOals.

I love watching guys like al Kavidio and the bar starzz guys and hopefully a year or so down the line I can do a fraction ofwhat they do!

Its just a start getting on the bar for the first time- but i fully intend to get on there everyday now!

sorry for the self indulgent post however I train alone and none of my family would be that interested- so Just felt I needed to share!!

Peace
    Last edited by PaythePiper; 05-10-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    To "pay the piper" means to face the inevitable consequences of one's actions

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Big high five.....

Dice Monkey is offline Member
    Great job! I'm having my own staring contest with the bar, maybe it's time I jump on it and see what happens.
    You celebrate with bacon and butter!
    "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

Metric is offline Senior Member
    WTG!! I haven't attempted it yet. I can't imagine that my muscles could support my heavy weight. I guess I never know until I try it right. Thanks for the motivation to give it a shot.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Being able to do a pull-up is one of my summer goals as well! GREAT job....see you never know what you can accomplish until you try! Very inspiring
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Awesome!

evileyejoe is offline Junior Member
    Good job!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Not only did you not fail- you did 2 sets of 4! Sounds like you kicked the pull up bars ass!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I'm confused, you could do 16 chins but didn't want to try a pull up?

PaythePiper is offline Junior Member
    Wow thank you for the kind posts-

managaed another two sets of four today-!! woop woop!

yes fernaldo as silly as it sounds i stare at the bar alot thinking what if!!

I attempted chin ups and was fairly succesful but still hadnt attepted a pull up which i believed and now know is the harder movemnet

also agfter that first instance of chin ups i still hadnt returned to the bar!!

it is all mental with me!!

hopefully overcoming that now
    To "pay the piper" means to face the inevitable consequences of one's actions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast