Thread: Almost ready to take the plunge in wonderful WA state. page

JBailey is offline Senior Member

Almost ready to take the plunge in wonderful WA state.

Shop Now
    I've been reading up on low-carb/primal/etc. eating for a while and am just about ready to make the leap.
    I'm 5'2", 45 yrs old, and have crept up from 115 to 135 in the past 10 years. Granted, some of my lower weight was due to extreme stress at that time of my life, but I have finally figured out that a new love between now & then is more to blame - BEER!

I love brewing and drinking good beer, though red wine was my beverage of choice in the past. It seemed like I could tolerate more carbs then in the form of potatoes (my favorite), pizza & tortillas, but adding beer tipped the balance too far. I've never had a sweet tooth, so that helps.

My partner has often teased me about my carnivorous leanings, and I've always teased back that it takes meat to make meat. Who knew there is some basis to my little joke!

A potential problem for me is that we grow most of our own food, especially "storage" foods like potatoes, corn & beans. I'll have to get over liking to eat those and grow them to feed my pigs & hens who then provide me with healthy eggs & meat

Anyway, I am enjoying reading over all the information here, and look forward to learning & sharing more.

-JB

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome JB. Keep in mind that potatoes, corn and beans are among the least "bad" foods in primal. I follow Archevore and eat all three.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    I think I need to go pretty minimal for a bit, then see about adding them back. I notice I've felt the worst when I have a night of pints plus pasta or pizza. So hopefully homegrown spuds, corn & beans will be ok eventually.