Thread: Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding your Mitochondria page

canuck416 is online now Senior Member

Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding your Mitochondria

Primal Fuel
    Many of you may have already seen this amazing Ted Talk video, if you haven't please take a few moments to watch it and send it on to your family and friends. I have shared this with many people and it has helped to explain why I have embraced the Paleo diet and lifestyle.

Let's share tools that you have used to spread the word and help explain why you have chosen the Paleo/Primal lifestyle.

TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria - YouTube

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Excellent video! thanks for posting

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Mitochondrial Dysfunction, Post-Exertional Malaise and CFS/ME
    I found this while looking up more about mitochondrial health.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I refer people here How to Succeed with the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple for an easy to understand overview.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I really enjoyed that video when I first found it, and I sent it to my mom to watch to help her understand how I was using diet to treat my MS. Funny thing is that eating the way Terry Wahls suggests (which is low-carb primal) actually made my MS symptoms seriously WORSE. My IBS got wicked, my fatigue and depression skyrocketed...since adding back a ton more carbs and sugar and getting rid of most of the veggies, my IBS is in remission, my mood is awesome, and I generally feel great.

I think the sciene behind this way of eating makes soooooo much sense, but the reality was that it made me sicker. I'm finding out that stress and other aspects of life (generally feeling happy and in control) are actually MORE important to health than just diet alone. I think that embracing this way of eating is one way to feel like you're in control, vs. just depending on doctors to prescribe pills, and that feeling of power is actually what is responsible for a big part of the healing process.
    Last edited by BestBetter; 10-17-2012 at 04:19 PM.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I really enjoyed that video when I first found it, and I sent it to my mom to watch to help her understand how I was using diet to treat my MS. Funny thing is that eating the way Terry Wahls suggests (which is low-carb primal) actually made my MS symptoms seriously WORSE. My IBS got wicked, my fatigue and depression skyrocketed...since adding back a ton more carbs and sugar and getting rid of most of the veggies, my IBS is in remission, my mood is awesome, and I generally feel great.

I think the sciene behind this way of eating makes soooooo much sense, but the reality was that it made me sicker. I'm finding out that stress and other aspects of life (generally feeling happy and in control) are actually MORE important to health than just diet alone. I think that embracing this way of eating is one way to feel like you're in control, vs. just depending on doctors to prescribe pills, and that feeling of power is actually what is responsible for a big part of the healing process.

That's so interesting that your symptoms got worse, thanks for sharing. It just goes to show how everyone's bodies are so unique and will respond differently.