Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling low carb & exercise vets page 2

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

hey I am from 20-50 grams a day and after I finish off this tub of protein powder, and bag of walnuts i still like 2 pounds :/ i plan on going under 10 a day, mainly from eggs, and perhaps some cheese, or heavy cream. I am trying to gain some weight right now so my calories are pretty high, and the weight gain so far has been pretty much muscle :-) once spring break starts I plan on trying to loose about 10 pounds so my menu will change but this is it as of now:

Breakfast:

Always eggs anywhere from 3-6 with some meat tossed in, usually leftovers from the day before, plus 2 oz cheese

Snack-protein and oil shake

Lunch-usually 4 hard-boiled eggs, half avocado, and a can of tuna

snack- 3-5oz walnuts

dinner- usually three eggs+ a solid 1-2 pounds of meat with 2 oz cheese

dessert-3 oz walnuts ground up mixed with protein powder and three eggs cooked into some funky mock oat-like dish

That is about my menu everyday, and I pack around 3000-4500 calories, sometimes more like the other day I added a whole rotisserie chicken to that

My workout is as follows:

Monday: Lift heavy things-squat, bench, invert rows, push-ups, sit ups

Tuesday: sprints

Wednesday:-go on long walks, sometimes carrying dumbbells (if on treadmill), or a weighed backpack if outside

Thursday:-lift heavy things-squat, overhead press, deadlift, pull-ups, planks

Friday-kettlebells, bodyweight training, animal exercises

Saturday-usually hiking, but whatever I feel like mainly doing. Usually a play day

Sunday- I rest

Once I start trying to loose weight I plan on doing it warrior diet style (20 hours fasting, 4 eating), and go carnivore.

that diet will at least 1 gram protein for LBM, and the rest will be fat, and most likely calories will be slowly dropped to about 2000

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

This is some great info!!!

Anybody have a starter workout? You know, for those of us sore from spinting for a total of 60 sec? wnkwink

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

TigerJ is offline Senior Member

Thanks GrokinOut, good workout info too. Do you mind if I ask your height and weight? Just curious, helps put the meals/calories etc in perspective.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

@Taratootie -- I posted my beginning workouts recently, here: http://inthenightlife.blogspot.com/2...-year-one.html

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

ps, BarbeyGirl, really helpful. I see that you are eating extra fats (nuts, olive oil, avo, eggs) when you eat fish. Agree that fish by itself usually feels thin. Thanks!

Also, the workouts people are posting look really great. Interesting to see how you all alternate your exercises.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yes, fish alone isn't filling enough for me. I'm actually thinking of those salads another way, though: I try to put three fats on a salad -- usually a meat/fish, olive oil, and something else (nuts, olives, avocado, whatever). A salad with fewer than 700 calories isn't worth eating.

(No, it's not really about the calories!)

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

My meals are about the same everyday just various types of meat and veggies.

Breakfast: 5 eggs (sometimes bacon, sometimes mushrooms and peppers added)

Lunch: Leftover meat and veggies (~1/2 pound of meat and either a salad or cooked veggies)

Snacks: almonds, fruit, mixed berries, sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner: Meat and veggies (sometimes a sweet potato) Meat size is at least 1/2 pound

Workout schedule varies but usually contains 2 max strength workouts, 1 explosive/endurance workout, 1 sprint session, 1 5k for time and 2 rest days (maybe do yoga on 1 of the rest days)

Thanks Arthur. Just out of curiosity, what kind of meat and veggies do you eat? What were your meals this week?

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Barbeygirl, awesome blog. Your progress inspires me. I know you don't worry too much about number of daily calories per day, but do you have estimates for your meails/daily? Do you eat until you're satisfied?

Im aiming for fat loss, and I agree with the hight-fat-LC principles, but I still intuitively feel like I should restrict calories to keep losing weight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast