Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ontario, Canada! page

charity_g is offline Junior Member

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Shop Now
    Hi all!

My name is Charity and I recently found MDA and am learning about the Primal lifestyle...makes so much sense! I've started making changes to my diet and activities and am already seeing a big difference...the pantry/fridge purge is currently underway! I've spent over a decade helping my ex to achieve their dreams, ended up divcorced a few years ago with no idea who I was anymore...won't do that again! I now have an amazing partner and we're taking this journey together...life is good!

Hope to get to know some of you and thanks for your patience (in advance) as I work my way into a better way of living. I'm sure I'll have a load of questions...but I promise to check the forum for posts first!

~Charity

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Nice to meet you Charity, good luck with your primal quest. I'm only 5 days in and i love it! x

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Welcome from Toronto, Canada!

You'll find a very supportive community here, with some who are too rigid. Learn who is who!

At the beginning just eat meat, eggs, vegetables that grow above the ground, lift heavy things (body weight counts) and move slowly. Work on sleep, stress. After you are well established in those aspects, start to tweak (fasts, sprints, refeeds, etc)

Spread the word when people ask. It's tempting to try to convert people, but most aren't willing to consider "giving up bread" Once they see your transformation, they will come to you.

Best,
    mommymd

Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Welcome from Toronto, Canada!

You'll find a very supportive community here, with some who are too rigid. Learn who is who!

At the beginning just eat meat, eggs, vegetables that grow above the ground, lift heavy things (body weight counts) and move slowly. Work on sleep, stress. After you are well established in those aspects, start to tweak (fasts, sprints, refeeds, etc)

Spread the word when people ask. It's tempting to try to convert people, but most aren't willing to consider "giving up bread" Once they see your transformation, they will come to you.

Best,
    mommymd
    This is the most simple and uncomplicated advice I've received so far...thank you! (From Kitchener...hello neighbour!)

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Charity, from the beautiful Bruce Peninsula! I used to live in Kitchener/Waterloo - a great city! Mommymd's advice is great. But I would go even simpler and say to start by cutting out grains and sugars, and processed foods. Leave in some fruits and sweet potatos or root vegetables at first if you feel you need it. And you can decide about dairy - the strict Paleo types don't use it, but it's part of the Primal Diet. But full fat dairy, and in moderation. Butter, heavy cream, Greek yogurt, good cheeses. Not as a main course but to flavour other foods and add richness to your meals. Not usually liquid milk as a beverage.

Good luck!

cathlaur is offline Junior Member
    Hi there
    I am new to and also from Ontario
    I have lost some weight prior to starting this and need to lose another 20 to 25. I am naturally a meet eater so we shall see.

It just makes sense to eat this way

Katie

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Welcome from Ottawa, Ontario.

I just finished Day 8 of PB (Primal Blueprint) and I must say that I FEEL AMAZING!!!! No more bloating from eating all those nasty carbs. Feel free to friend and message me with any questions that you have.

Cheers,
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Hi, Charity, from the beautiful Bruce Peninsula! I used to live in Kitchener/Waterloo - a great city! Mommymd's advice is great. But I would go even simpler and say to start by cutting out grains and sugars, and processed foods. Leave in some fruits and sweet potatos or root vegetables at first if you feel you need it. And you can decide about dairy - the strict Paleo types don't use it, but it's part of the Primal Diet. But full fat dairy, and in moderation. Butter, heavy cream, Greek yogurt, good cheeses. Not as a main course but to flavour other foods and add richness to your meals. Not usually liquid milk as a beverage.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much for the advice and the welcome!

For now, I have decided to keep my Friday night ritual (it's our 'date' night) where we forget the rules from 5 to midnight...usually this involves pizza and gin and tonics...lol...other than that, I'm not finding it hard to cut the bad items out little by little...perhaps Cheat/Date night will evolve into something different, but for now, I'm cool with giving myself that few hours of flexibility...

Thank you!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    If you go out for date night, I find a good "cheat" meal is steak and Cesar salad (croutons removed). I don't know why it feels like a cheat because I don't think that it'd be considered one (maybe the dressing a bit since you didn't make it yourself and you don't know 100 % what's in it). I find it SUPER satisfying especially with a glass of dry red wine. Mmmm!!! Now I'm hungry for this! I'm gonna try a shot at making meatza tonight with homemade Cesar salad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast