Thread: Help on an essay on the primal man! page

Reindeer is offline Senior Member

Help on an essay on the primal man!

Shop Now
    Hi primal folks.

I am currently working on an essay on the rather loose topic of 'relationships' and have gotten permission to make it about the 'relationship between the individual man and the distruption of his nature', which has been going on since the start of industrialization and large agriculture. I only have four minutes to speak in front of class, but I really want to pry th surface of how we could express what we are if we only learned how to do so - such as forefoot running for example, or Movenat or Parkour. It will be based on what we can do for ourslves to improve our lives in the way it was supposed to be, and though I don't have the time to really touch the topic of diet, I like the idea of mentioning things like the neurology behind why multitasking is impossible (yup! It's a neurologal impossibility! ) and what ffects the information socity really have on our psychs.

The MDA forums seem lik th obvious place to start to fish for these littl tidbits of intrsting information. What ar your idas? WHat are the really crucial, basic, intrsting and funny topics I could brief in this essay?
    Last edited by Reindeer; 05-08-2012 at 01:10 AM.

williamholt is offline Junior Member
    A good thesis statement or main idea is the key to a good essay. It is usually one sentence but can be two if necessary, and it is traditionally placed at the very end of your introduction. It is the main thing you are trying to say or argue in your essay, and all of your body paragraphs will go to prove, support and elaborate on it. It is the pin that holds your essay together. A topic is what your essay is about, while a thesis is your stand, your particular, focused statement or argument on that topic, the insight that all of your points come together to show.If you need more information about essay writing you can use any best essay writing company from the online.They will help you to solve your writing problems.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Hi primal folks.

I am currently working on an essay on the rather loose topic of 'relationships' and have gotten permission to make it about the 'relationship between the individual man and the distruption of his nature'
    That doesn't really make sense to me. Look at the definitions of "relate":

Definition of relate

The sense there, in all cases, is of some kind of connection to something. But that would make the "disruption of [my] nature" something external to me. Surely, "disruption of [my] nature", if it has occurred, is rather closer to home than that.

which has been going on since the start of industrialization and large agriculture.
    I'm not sure how easy that would be to show, and bracketing together "industrialization" and "large [?scale] agriculture" makes for more problems.

I think the major problem industrialization posed for people was that it made most people's lives more specialized and less meaningful. Most people, even in our post-industrial society, are probably doing jobs they don't want to do and are not fulfilled in merely to earn money. On the plus side, people no longer starve in periodic famines when the crop fails. There are some important, and vast, issues around all this. In four minutes ...

I only have four minutes to speak in front of class, but I really want to pry th surface of how we could express what we are if we only learned how to do so - such as forefoot running for example
    Do we need to learn or unlearn? Maybe most of these things would sort themselves out if only our current mode of life didn't cause us to pick up bad habits. And here your phrase about one's nature being "disrupted" has some force. If children didn't wear shoes (let alone with heels) and weren't put to sit in desks for extended periods at a young age would they run in an uncoordinated manner? At any rate, would fewer of them do so?

I like the idea of mentioning things like the neurology behind ... multitasking ... and what ffects the information socity really have on our psychs.
    I think you've got a lot on your plate already, given the time constraints.

I'd narrow it right down and just go with something like how most currently available shoes, furniture, activities and so forth impact on our functioning. This sort of thing:

https://nwfootankle.com/files/rossiW...Impossible.pdf

That in itself is a large enough topic and difficult to do well.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Considering this thread was created in May, I think you guys are too late to be of any help for the OP.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."