Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ice Cream to Cheat With page 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    We make our own. The latest was a hoot, strawberries, cream and a bit of sugar. My husband tried it and went: Oh.my.god." Turned out the first strawberry ice-cream he had ever tried that tasted like strawberries. Almost made me wish I could have some.
    Eat some. There's no reason not to.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to try making my own ice cream! Just need to actually go out and get myself an ice cream maker.

As far as ice cream "cheats", Haagen-Dazs makes these ADORABLE single-serving ice cream cups that are perfect for me! I've only tried the vanilla, but it's so good, I haven't had any desire to try the other flavors. Only five ingredients - milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla - and at 18g of carbs per tub, I can have one once or twice a week without guilt or tummy problems. They are my life saver.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

We have rhubarb in our garden, and I made a rhubarb-strawberry compote and stirred that into a vanilla ice cream base I made with part goat's milk (Choco's right, goat's milk = yummy) and heavy cream, and egg yolks. I used some organic demerara sugar, although less than most recipes - I really don't use sugar much at all, and figure it's not a big deal here for a splurge. Oh, and the compote had a little fresh rosemary (removed the spring before putting it into the ice cream), which made it wow.

This was a very good experiment!

Michael B is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Don't kick it. Eat it. Haagen Dazs. I crushed a pint of coffee over the weekend.

It's not cheating. If you like being on a diet... I can suggest this:

Nutrisystem&reg |Official Site | Diet Plans, Weight Loss Programs, Diet Programs, Lose Weight
    Jeni's is grass-fed. Definitely better quality than Haagen Dazs, as good as it is. Jeni's is expensive, but it's so satisfying that you don't have to eat a lot. That's the best way to cheat, i.e. eat stuff that's not good for you. (Diet has the anthropological meaning that's something like 'gastronomy' and the 'temporary attempt to lose weight' meaning. I of course mean the former. Since this isn't a linguistics forum, don't get into semantics.)

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me Twitchy View Post
    That's how I feel! I use to abide by the whole "cheat day" excuse, but after eating Primal I had a "cheat day", and I felt horrible. Ice cream tastes nice, but not for the stomach ache and ill feelings I get after. I'd rather have a good bar of dark chocolate, some fruit, or maybe put a little extra honey in some Greek yogurt. I hope my wedding cake is kind to my on my wedding night!
    Don't know when your wedding is or if you have the cake already but here's some amazing primal/paleo cake recipes. I've made the coconut cake at home and its so good. For our wedding, my fiancée and I found a gluten free bakery that is gonna take up the challenge to work with coconut flour. For the meal, Whole Foods is also not only willing but excited to cook primal because they do so many vegan weddings and they're all meat lovers! Grok on!

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Funny. When I saw this topic title, I thought, "Jeni's Splendid, if they sold it out here in SoCal". Then I saw this, and I cursed your name.

I've never had it, but my family back in Ohio rave about it. So thanks! I'll have to drop by a Gelson's and get me some!
    Haha. Awesome. Hope you can find it!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Oreo McFlury with extra Oreo! If you're going to cheat, cheat.
    True, there is that latent attachment to certain foods from our childhood and it's fun to experiment with eating it (we might still enjoy it, it might make us sick, we might have exaggerated preprimal memories of its goodness, etc.), but if your not chasing that, IMHO, fanciest, highest quality cheats are the most rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Home made icecream is awesome. And primal.
    I wanna get Jeni's cookbook so bad and hack her recipes to be primal. Will definitely post those when I do.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    McConnell's french vanilla. Nothing even comes close and I've had some very good ice creams.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Eat some. There's no reason not to.
    Well, I took a taste, one lick to see if it was real good. It was great. But self-experimentation shows that I am far better off without sugar, so it was not worth triggering the problems, so I stopped while I could.

Gonna make a super-choclaty ice-cream for the Father's Day for my husband with 70% chocolate, coco powder and some white choco chunks. Home-made ice-cream >> store-bought.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Can't believe no one has mentioned So Delicious.....

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    or this : Welcome | Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss/Dairy & Soy Free/The Evolution of Ice Cream

Although, I wish they would just use sugar or honey. There's no reason to use agave syrup, but I guess it seems "organic" to do so.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Can't believe no one has mentioned So Delicious.....

I was thinking the same thing! I picked up some sugar free mint chocolate chip a few weeks ago and it was awesome!

Another great option - make "Get Some Ice Cream" from the Bulletproof Executive site » Recipe: Creamy Coconut “Get Some” Ice Cream (Paleo friendly) The Bulletproof Executive!!
    I've made this a few times and it is to die for. I use coconut crystals instead of xylitol. It is amazingly rich and creamy, and tastes like the best vanilla ice cream I've ever had. You can even go nuts and melt up some good dark chocolate with some coconut oil and pour it over top for paleo magic shell. Insanely good stuff, it'll make you happy, for sure! (Among other things!)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Viking Feast ice cream is very good. They use local cows with the healthy mutation of the A2 gene.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast