Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ice Cream to Cheat With page 2

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Ice cream = evening with Maalox. Takes longer to recover than it takes to eat the stuff. No more than 1 tsp. and only that under duress.
    That's how I feel! I use to abide by the whole "cheat day" excuse, but after eating Primal I had a "cheat day", and I felt horrible. Ice cream tastes nice, but not for the stomach ache and ill feelings I get after. I'd rather have a good bar of dark chocolate, some fruit, or maybe put a little extra honey in some Greek yogurt. I hope my wedding cake is kind to my on my wedding night!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I love making ice cream! I make it with a bit of honey or maple syrup, and it's SOOOOOOOOO good! I also make us frozen yogurt, sweetened only with fruit during the summer. Mmmmmmmm!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Don't kick it. Eat it. Haagen Dazs. I crushed a pint of coffee over the weekend.

It's not cheating. If you like being on a diet... I can suggest this:

Nutrisystem® - Official Site -Diet Plans, Weight Loss Programs, Diet Programs, Lose Weight
    Yeah! I wanna eat an entire pint one day as well

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    Good news, though! I'm not sure where most people are, but seeing that Mark is from SoCal and there seems to be a lot more primal stuff on the West Coast, you guys might be happy to know that Jeni's will be coming to Gelson's and Bristol Farms! Hope that means high quality cheating material for a lot of you out there!
    Funny. When I saw this topic title, I thought, "Jeni's Splendid, if they sold it out here in SoCal". Then I saw this, and I cursed your name.

I've never had it, but my family back in Ohio rave about it. So thanks! I'll have to drop by a Gelson's and get me some!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Funny. When I saw this topic title, I thought, "Jeni's Splendid, if they sold it out here in SoCal". Then I saw this, and I cursed your name.

I've never had it, but my family back in Ohio rave about it. So thanks! I'll have to drop by a Gelson's and get me some!
    Ditto, when I see my sister(s), in Los Angeles.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

BamaAla is offline Member
    Oreo McFlury with extra Oreo! If you're going to cheat, cheat.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I love ice cream... lol

Soft serve is awesome. I'm also a sucker for caramel. *sigh*

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Low fat ice-cream on a re-feed. Not ideal but pretty damn tasty.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    We make our own. The latest was a hoot, strawberries, cream and a bit of sugar. My husband tried it and went: Oh.my.god." Turned out the first strawberry ice-cream he had ever tried that tasted like strawberries. Almost made me wish I could have some.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    The best ice cream is the ice cream you make yourself. Fresh egg yolks, quality cream, quality milk - you can even use coconut milk in place of whole milk - real vanilla beans, real fruit, raw nuts, quality dark chocolate...the only limit is your imagination. Sweeteners are your choice - coconut sugar, raw honey and stevia are great options. I like a little bit of whole coconut sugar with stevia being the primary "sweet" ingredient.

After today, I'll have 6 egg yolks "left over" sitting in my fridge from some "white only" cooking. 6 egg yolks are what I add to a batch of ice cream and whaddayaknow, I'm all out.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast