Thread: New member from SF! page

kitana89 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb New member from SF!

Primal Fuel
    Hey primal followers! I'm new to the forum but been lingering around on Mark's daily apple for some time now. Decided to finally sign up as a member to receive some support about how to stick to a primal diet. Hope I can learn from all of you!

Your location: San Francisco

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: yo yo primal... i'm trying to get there!

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never had coffee to be honest but i love my tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been trying to find a diet that would help with my level of stress, belly fat, and insomnia.

Favorite exercise: Hiking!! I love climbing, walking and exercising around nature.

Favorite Primal food: Any kind of nut! It's like the perfect food, a nice blend of protein, carbs and fats.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about controlling my appetite. I used to constantly need snacks to keep me going but after going primal, I noticed my need for a snack pick me up has decreased.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to eat meat in front of my vegetarian friends. They are totally horrified and I sometimes feel like a lone wolf or a black sheep.
    Last edited by kitana89; 05-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there Lone Wolf;-), you're not alone. May the Grok be with you...

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Kitana! Go easy on those nuts. I love 'em too but they are best eaten as a small snack or minor ingredient.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard, Kitana!

Don't let your veg*n friends shame you too much. Many animals died to prepare the food they eat as well - squirrels, mice, birds, rats, snakes - are all displaced and killed for fields of soy, wheat, and corn. When you eat pastured animals you could even argue you cause less death and destruction than they do. One cow can feed you for many, many months.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html