Thread: Incredible macadamia nut butter. page

meatsauce is offline Junior Member

Incredible macadamia nut butter.

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone I wanted to share this recipe for some great home made macadamia nut butter. Its not exact right now but I might com back and edit ti later. I just wanted to share.

You need a strong blender like a vitamix, blend tech or waring. Bigger containers work better. A strong food processor probably would be easier. In a blender it takes some effort but is well worth it.

Ingredients:

At least a pound of raw macadamia nuts.

extra virgin coconut oil.

lucma powder

cinnamon

salt

Put the macadamia nuts in the blender with about a half a cup of melted coconut oil per pound of nuts. This will help the nuts become a butter and enhance the flavor. For me, making the nut into a butter requires that I turn the blender off and on at a medium speed while mixing it up between blending for a few seconds with a long spoon to scap the bottom of the jar. It will slowly break down into smaller particles. You don't want to just run it at a high speed for a long time. This will cause the temperature to rise, so if you want to keep it raw don't do that, and wont really work - the blade will just spin without breaking any nuts. Eventually it will become buttery enough to put it on high and get a nice smooth texture.

At this point mix in about 2 tablespoons of lucma powder per pound or pound and a half of nuts, along with some cinnamon and salt. Don't overdo the salt. You can mix for a second, taste and add more cinnamon or lucma powder. Adding more lucma powder will start to make it very rich like cake batter. For those that don't know lucma is a South American fruit that has a vanilla like flavor. In my opinion, ot taste much better than vanilla. When you get the taste to you liking blend it on high for a few seconds till it reaches the desired creaminess. The more creamier it is the better it will be digested. (Again if you are concerned about the heat don't do this for long intervals with out giving it some time to cool down. You can put it it the fridge.) Pour it into some glass jars and put it into the fridge. It will harden and taste even better putting it into you mouth cold.

This stuff can be addicting. It is very calorie dense. Wow I just CRAVE this stuff sometimes. My body screams at me to take spoon full after spoon full, getting absorbed into satisfying richness. Be careful though. You can easily eat 100 grams of fat in one sitting, leaving you feeling very full. Enjoy!

This stuff is good for long hikes giving you lots of calories and some MCTs from the coconut oil.

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    This sounds so very tempting and I have a question:

Is the lucma powder just for flavour or does it add to the consistency? If it's for flavour, what does it taste like?
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Quote Originally Posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    This sounds so very tempting and I have a question:

Is the lucma powder just for flavor or does it add to the consistency? If it's for flavor, what does it taste like?
    Hey DeilMiah It is pretty much for flavor. I'm not really adding enough to effect the consistency a noticeable amount. The flavor is similar to a vanilla but milder and creamier. Peruvians make ice cream from it.

stumprrp is offline Member
    This stuff is awesome. I actually went out to get a food processor just to make this LOL! I didnt use lumca powder but i just put a little splenda and vanilla extract. Addicting stuff. However putting it in the fridge made it too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by stumprrp View Post
    This stuff is awesome. I actually went out to get a food processor just to make this LOL! I didnt use lumca powder but i just put a little splenda and vanilla extract. Addicting stuff. However putting it in the fridge made it too hard.
    Cool! How did the food processor work out? What kind did you get? If you like the vanilla type flavor try it with some lucma powder and cinnamon. It will blow you away. You can get a great quality one from whole foods for around 7 dollars.

And I don't know what too hard is for your taste but you should be able to easily put a a spoon in there. The coconut oil is what gives it its hardness when cold so if it is really too hard you can use less coconut oil.

Bartholomew23 is offline Junior Member
    Wow nice recipe and i like it .
    This is interesting and unique recipe which attract me .
    I will try to make it and i hope it will be tasty and best for health . This post provide all necessary information on this topic .
    click here
    Last edited by Bartholomew23; 05-12-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    Bartholomew23