Thread: Fudgy Primal Brownies page

InkedGrokette is offline Junior Member

Fudgy Primal Brownies

Shop Now
    Last year I found this great recipe for raw chocolate pudding using avocados and fell in love. Recently venturing back into my old primal lifestyle, I was thinking of new recipes and thought I could make this into brownies somehow. Well, it worked!

2 ripe avocados
    1/4 cup coconut crystals or other sweetener (to taste)
    3-6 tbs cocoa powder (the real stuff)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    2-3 tbs coconut flour (almond flour probably works too...could maybe even omit)
    1 egg
    Sea salt

Mash all ingredients but egg, taste to make sure you like the sweetness and chocolate levels. Mix in the egg, line a pan with parchment and fill it with the "batter." I sprinkled the top with coconut crystals and pink sea salt. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. I had to finish mine off with the microwave to get them a little less dense and fudgy and more cakey.

Makes 9 brownies
    120 cal 10g carb 9g fat 2g protein
    All great changes are preceded by chaos.

SW:171 ~ CW: 161 ~ GW:130-ish/homeostasis

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InkedGrokette View Post
    Last year I found this great recipe for raw chocolate pudding using avocados and fell in love. Recently venturing back into my old primal lifestyle, I was thinking of new recipes and thought I could make this into brownies somehow. Well, it worked!

2 ripe avocados
    1/4 cup coconut crystals or other sweetener (to taste)
    3-6 tbs cocoa powder (the real stuff)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    2-3 tbs coconut flour (almond flour probably works too...could maybe even omit)
    1 egg
    Sea salt

Mash all ingredients but egg, taste to make sure you like the sweetness and chocolate levels. Mix in the egg, line a pan with parchment and fill it with the "batter." I sprinkled the top with coconut crystals and pink sea salt. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. I had to finish mine off with the microwave to get them a little less dense and fudgy and more cakey.

Makes 9 brownies
    120 cal 10g carb 9g fat 2g protein
    Awesome! Thanks for this recipe. Will give that a shot I think this evening.