Thread: Looking for primal friends page

livinlife is offline Junior Member

Looking for primal friends

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I've been primal for about two years now and don't see myself ever going back to CW. I have found primal friends where I currently live, but I am soon relocating to Salt Lake City. I'm in my mid 20's, single and Christian. I'm wondering from those of you who either have or who currently live in SLC have you found people who live this lifestyle? If so, how and where? And, what is the dating and social scene for a young, single, Christian, primal lady?

I'm in Colorado, so I'm close but no cigar. But if you ever want an online friend, I can do that! I mostly just wanted to say hi since I'm also young and Christian. I'm newlywed but my husband is deployed, and I plan on going primal in June (after a road trip w/ my mom). I'd love to hear your story about how going primal has affected your life, so shoot me a message sometime if you'd like! I'd love to get to know some people I can talk with. Good luck in SLC! If you ever come east by a few hundred miles to my neck of the woods, let me know.
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

livinlife is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, Mollie for your response. I am so excited for you and your new journey into the primal lifestyle. It has absolutely changed my life and body. I lost a significant amount of weight and have managed to stay at my ideal weight even with weekly cheats and exercising waaaay less than I used to. I have more energy, feel less hungry, and am in a better mood. I think it's challenging when people constantly judge and don't understand, but I also see that I am thinner, healthier, and happier than the people around me, which means more to me than having peoples' acceptance. Anyway, it's kind of fun to be different Feel free to ask any questions!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I'm 31, Christian, primal and married. But in New York. Oh well. Can still be friends on the interwebs!

Last edited by carlh; 05-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You could try the meetup.org website. You can look for primal, paleo, barefoot running, crossfit, or hiking groups. Odds are good you stumble across a primal eater in one of those. Good luck
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oxide is online now Senior Member
    You have to ask what the dating/social scene is in SALT LAKE CITY???
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

? I'm confused because you seem to quote my signature but I'm not sure what you are communicating...
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs