Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 8

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Oh, wow, thank you! I have the most mundane life ever, but in my head, it's all top-notch adventure. Another struggle: I sometimes eat this microwave popcorn from the store that's called "Butter Explosion," and it actually depicts a buttery explosion on the box. It disintegrates the roof of my mouth a bit.
    Best post on the entire thread, thanks
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I succumbed to eating some birthday party ice cream yesterday, and now I have one of those ungodly underneath-the-skin chin pimples. It's the first cystic pimple I've had in well over a year. It could have been the ice cream, or the extreme stress of hydroplaning on the slick highway yesterday. I also have a tiny spider-bite on my tummy, which, unfortunately, when I went to scratch it at work, probably looked like I was scratching my lady bits. I'm making a fine impression, to be sure.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hi Rasputina!

Oh, man! Don't you hate those one-two appearanches punches in life?? A monster zit and an itchy abdomen - ugh. There are some days when I think I must positively glow with wretchedness. My least-loved: shaggy and in need of a haircut, bra scootching, ass won't fit into the jeans, nothing nice in the closet, the monthly terror, and general awful pallor (you should see how pale I am in real life - this is not hard to accomplish for me). Those days make me wish the kids had a substitute mom I could somehow hire and send out into public with them - so the kids wouldn't be embarassed by me. (mind you, they aren't embarassed of me, but that is my mindset in those moments)

Just FYI - get B&T (Boericke and Tafel) brand homeopathic "Ssssting Stop" gel tube. We are never without it, and it works well. Local health food store should carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi Rasputina!

Oh, man! Don't you hate those one-two appearanches punches in life?? A monster zit and an itchy abdomen - ugh. There are some days when I think I must positively glow with wretchedness. My least-loved: shaggy and in need of a haircut, bra scootching, ass won't fit into the jeans, nothing nice in the closet, the monthly terror, and general awful pallor (you should see how pale I am in real life - this is not hard to accomplish for me). Those days make me wish the kids had a substitute mom I could somehow hire and send out into public with them - so the kids wouldn't be embarassed by me. (mind you, they aren't embarassed of me, but that is my mindset in those moments)

Just FYI - get B&T (Boericke and Tafel) brand homeopathic "Ssssting Stop" gel tube. We are never without it, and it works well. Local health food store should carry it.
    Thanks, cakes! I'm sure you're a stunning mom, btw! Despite the pallor I think pale is lovely!

Debuted my new standing desk rig at work today- it was if I had parted the sea, people were so awestruck by it. Lol, it feels better to stand and type, I actually came home with more energy and my back and hips didn't hurt. I may start a revolution at the office, as my boss was bringing people by to look at my desk some even wanted to take measurements to build their own!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That's great! You're a trendsetter.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That's great! You're a trendsetter.
    Thanks, Joanie! I'm not really trying to be a trendsetter, but it just pains me that my co-workers find it so novel to stand for eight hours per day! I've done it for 16 years at work! I hope it does catch on, as I'd like my co-workers to experience renewed energy and not suffer from so many back problems

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Rasputina! I didn't even know you had a new journal. I found you again PYT (Michael Jackson reference).

Impressed w/ the standing desk purchase. I just stand at my desk, you have taken it to a whole new level. How are things with the booze?

Have you read the Paleo for women post on hormones and acne? Speaking of hormones I was just reading about estrogen and fat, apparently being estrogen dominant can contribute to belly fat. Whacha think about that?

Hope you are having a super incredible amazing summer.

Hearts.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    P.S. I jealous in my alternate life I would be a librarian.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    P.S. I jealous in my alternate life I would be a librarian.
    Oh, me2, I miss you and love you!!! Kissy-kiss! My summer has been amazing, I am super-librarian!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast