Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 7

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I was offered my library dream-job today! Same dept., better position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have happened to a cooler chick!

Now tell me that you accepted already!!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have happened to a cooler chick!

Now tell me that you accepted already!!
    YES!!! I accepted!!! My current bosses were a bit upset that I'll be leaving my summer job early, but this is too good to pass up! I can finally breathe. I hope this is the gateway to a long, rewarding career. I'll gt to read advanced copies of new books! I almost fainted when they called with the offer!

Now go with the hubby and get a big friggin' butter-soaked porterhouse with sautéed wild mushrooms and a crisp salad to celebrate!

I love cooking. I'm frakking tired of cooking. I'm going back to simplicity for a bit. Cooked meat with spices, cooked veg or simple salad on the side. Simple homemade meat and veg soup for lunch. I hate dishes. I have no dishwasher. I am so done with dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I hate dishes. I have no dishwasher. I am so done with dishes.
    We used to have the sweetest Maytag at our old place - three levels, three jet arms, adjusto-everything. You could wash almost everything from wine glasses to grill crud in that thing... and we left it behind as our new place had no dishwasher and wasn't plumbed for one (country place).

Seven yeeeeaaaarrrrrsssssss later, we just got a dishwasher, and it has been heaven. With the family size you grew up in, you know what piles of dishes await you after Thanksgiving... The daughters pitched long and hard for one, and now that it is finally here, I made only one law: that I will forevermore hear no whine or complaint about doing dishes in any context or situation.

Still glad the girls did 7 years of dishes, though - they know they are blessed to have a dishwasher, which is more than I can say for a lot of their pampered friends. I'll put you on Santa's list. Just maybe......

I attempted the ole dish-mountain and ended up breaking my monogrammed anniversary glass Our 5 year anniversary is next Friday, and we'll get some fancy antique steins to commemorate! I got some lamb fat on my blouse today, and had some older chick in Vibrams glare at me for a half-hour at work. Maybe she thinks she knows me from the forums? Am I particularly virulent? The mystery shall remain unsolved!

I begin my new career tomorrow, the librarian acquisitions job that does not require public contact. I really hope that this will help lower my cortisol and stress. I can't tell you how excited I was yesterday, on my last day, when a bitchy customer was bothering me, and I didn't have to worry about pleasing her, because I was never going to have to deal with shit like this again!!! I felt reborn. Peace of mind makes all the difference- freedom from customer service slavery is exhilarating!

my pinkies were cold today at my new job. I need pinkie muffs. I'm sure you all missed me and my stimulating posts. Oh, and I got locked in the VIP garage at work for a full 15 minutes on my first day. Total panic- no escape, as my badge doesn't have clearance to get out. Snaked my way into the elevator as an exec was getting out. I am such a Mr. Bean.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just letting you know you have another pair of eyes on your journal. I've chuckled and laughed throughout.

You had me hooked in your first post when you listed, "I hate people," as one of the struggles you have.

Congratulations on the job!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just letting you know you have another pair of eyes on your journal. I've chuckled and laughed throughout.

You had me hooked in your first post when you listed, "I hate people," as one of the struggles you have.

Congratulations on the job!
    Oh, wow, thank you! I have the most mundane life ever, but in my head, it's all top-notch adventure. Another struggle: I sometimes eat this microwave popcorn from the store that's called "Butter Explosion," and it actually depicts a buttery explosion on the box. It disintegrates the roof of my mouth a bit.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast