Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 6

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you are one of those who can stand subtitled foreign movies, get "Sieben Zwerge". German flick - the title means "Seven Dwarves". Nina Hagen's daughter is Snow White. Seriously warped flick - but fun. Try Netflix. Their take on that whistle while you work song will stay with you...

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the flick rec, Crabbcakes!
    Last night, at about 9pm, I got an unusual burst of energy and did some kettlebells, some planking, some balance ball workouts, and washed dishes. I can attribute this dazzling feat of performance to my homemade chicken soup. My husband and I have started our day with some coffee and 90s Saturday Night Live. Ah! Today shall be grand!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Grrrrooooaaaannnnn - your workout makes me tired just reading it! I don't yet know how all you Primals do it, all the exercise. When I went Primal, I decided to just leave the fitness stuff out for the first. I had / have enough getting the diet right. It took FIVE full stinking weeks before the carb fluey thing got noticeably better. I didn't realize how out of whack I was, I think. Next task will probably be food journalling a bit to see what is really going down the hatch, and then a LOT of sleep hygiene. Quality sleep habits have been problematic for me most of my adult life. My system wakes when the sun goes down...

Happy 4th to both Rasputina and Rasputino!

Hey neighbors, I really love you, but stop talking to me when I'm sitting on my back deck, reading. I was in deep, Swedish horror book land, with John Linqvist's "Harbor," and you ruined it by coming out with your juice-glass full of bourbon, asking me if you should cook up the catfish you've had in the fridge for four days.
    I said, "no." I went back to my book.
    You then proceeded to explain that it had been originally frozen, you left it on the counter for a whole day, then in the fridge for another three days,
    I said, "no, don't eat it."
    You protested, saying it went back to the freezer, last night.
    I just want to read my freaking book.
    I smiled and said, "Yes, absolutely. Go eat it."

Moral: do not mess with a woman, whilst she is reading a book, or you'll end up with food poisoning.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    LOL....I dig your journal....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    LOL....I dig your journal....
    Thank you, Ms. Kelmar!

Today was bizarre- in a fun way, though. At work, at the library, I said hello to this cute little four-year-old girl, who replied, "Meoow." Awesome. I laughed for like five minutes. Then, later, some very serious seven-year-old boy walked up to the desk, flashed his library card like a badge and stated his full name. Then he just stared at me. I assumed he wanted to pick up his free baseball tickets. I was correct. He was confused as to why everyone was cracking up, though, poor chum.

Then, in the breakroom, a co-worker I don't know very well (I've been there over a month, but it's very "Upstairs, Downstairs" at the library) asked me how my 4th of July was. I told him I was sick, so it kind of sucked hard. He then asked me, if I wouldn't mind telling him what I was sick with. I explained to him about my gluten-intolerance and a poor take-out choice I had made, rendering me incapacitated for a few days.
    Guess what? His wife has celiac, and after she had him read "Wheat Belly," he went gluten-free, basically paleo and has lost tons of weight and feels amazing. I was totally thrilled to find another weirdo at work, so we probably nauseated everyone in the lunch room with our animated discussion about the best farmer's markets, goat cheese, etc, etc. It was great not to feel like an oddball in a room full of pastry-stuffers.

In other news, I've kicked off my personal handwritten letter-writing campaign, and so far, I have many takers. I like to write very dramatic letters, and I make sure to include at least one poorly-rendered doodle in every letter. I need to fashion some sort of pompous wax seal, too (that would probably melt, though).

Gripe of the day: the store was sold out of spaghetti squash (First-world Problems).

Well, I've come full-circle, and made a decision about my future today. I will be attending cosmetology school, something I've wanted to do for ages, but was talked out of during undergrad and grad school. I don't use my master's degree. Glad I have it, but I just want to follow my talents and do some rad hair!!! I feel like a huge burden has been lifted from my soul. Now, I just have to wait and see if my financial aid will support this endeavor.

P.S. People were unreasonably horrid today. If I become a hair stylist and you're horrid to me, I'll either ask you not to come back or give you a disgusting mullet, in hopes you don't return

I'm going back to red hair tonight. Remember that episode of "My So Called Life" when jordan sang that song "Red," and Angela thought it was about her, but it was about his stupid car? My So-Called Life : Jordan Catalano - Red [HD] - YouTube

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was offered my library dream-job today! Same dept., better position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast