Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 5

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had a total breakdown last night, and my husband agreed to give up drinking completely with me for a while. I thoughtI had this alcohol demon kicked, and I could go back to drinking moderately. Clearly I'm not ready for that yet. I'm depressed again and anxious, these things both lead to and exacerbate the drinking problem (and the drink fuels the depression and anxiety). I canceled a fun movie night out with a friend last night, because I couldn't leave the house. I just wanted to sit around and drink.

Anyway, I forced myself out today and bought a shit-ton of canvasses and some model-magic clay, to keep myself busy. I wanted to smile at the cashier, but I was the most dour dish-rag you've ever seen. My friend came over this morning to bring me lunch and I cut her hair. She lamented that she hadn't seen me in months and she missed me. I suck. I just don't want my friends to see me miserable. I'm looking at some supplements to help me through this rough patch.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I know about the depression thing. Mine isn't in a cycle with alchohol, though. Okay - no more talk about the C2H6O from me! Yucky! Bad! Ptooey!

Supplements are good, but I can't tell you which ones. I realized mine cycles closely with sugar, which was one of the reasons the Primal was so appealing when I found it. I suspect no matter what, we both just need to feed our bodies all the good stuff it can get from all around the Primal: veggies in all rainbow colors, O-3, saturated fats, fish and good protein, cod liver oil, organs... all that jazz.

Will you give your best buds the remaining containers of drink?? And PLEASE DO MAKE DATES WITH THE GIRLFRIENDS. If your friends are anything like you seem to be, they will consider it their pleasure to bop around with I-am-sucking-lemons-face - simply because it will help you. I didn't think my friends wanted to see me when I was seriously in the dumps, but I was soooo wrong! I know because they flat-out told me so.

Good thing the hubby is on board - great guy you have there. And if it helps, I will write you positive notes until you hit the Ignore button on me.

You can write me all the positive notes you want, doll. I need all the help I can get! Now I going to force my Eyeore ass off the couch and try to do something constructive, like go sit outside on my deck-sauna and read some Ray Bradbury

Had a much better day today! The supplements are helping already, I can certainly notice a difference. I did make the mistake of drinking decaffinated coffee this morning, so I was a bit grumpus, what with the BLARING FIRE ALARM (the firefighters were doing tests) and then the 20 minutes of "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!". But, the day got much better, when a four-year-old, waiting in the elevator with his parents, spotted me in the next room. I smiled at him and he exclaimed, "MOMMY! IT'S SNOW WHITE!!"

You're goddamned right I'm Snow White! Since this is about the 30th time I've been proclaimed Snow White, I'm just going to roll with it and start doing birthday parties

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    a four-year-old, waiting in the elevator with his parents, spotted me in the next room. I smiled at him and he exclaimed, "MOMMY! IT'S SNOW WHITE!!"

You're goddamned right I'm Snow White! Since this is about the 30th time I've been proclaimed Snow White, I'm just going to roll with it and start doing birthday parties
    Help - the hair?? Can't imagine you in public in the long dress with the petticoat and puffy sleeves...

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Help - the hair?? Can't imagine you in public in the long dress with the petticoat and puffy sleeves...
    Ha!!! I have long black hair and bangs! Fairly pale skin (although I'm trying to convince myself it's tan).

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    DO NOT EAT THE APPLE FROM THE OLD LADY!!!!!!

You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    DO NOT EAT THE APPLE FROM THE OLD LADY!!!!!!

What? Is it the carbs? Because I think I have carb allowance today *takes bite of apple*.... feeling sleepy...OH SHIT!

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Oh my gosh! Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was actually about the evils of over-consuming carbohydrates! REVELATION!
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Mshathvri View Post
    Oh my gosh! Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was actually about the evils of over-consuming carbohydrates! REVELATION!
    Moral of the tale: even one bite of fruit can be deadly. *especially if it is not organic

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast